Waitlist for 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder how WesternU choose the students from the pool if it's not ranked?
No movement that I have heard of yet...still waiting. It's killing me too...
When they explained it, it seemed that they re-evaluate each candidate and how they feel they will contribute to the diversity of the class

Does anyone know if I have a good chance of getting in if I'm currently sitting at #7 (started at 16) on the IS waitlist for Minnesota? Initially, people were telling me that I should have no problem getting pulled off, but now I'm having my doubts...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if I have a good chance of getting in if I'm currently sitting at #7 (started at 16) on the IS waitlist for Minnesota? Initially, people were telling me that I should have no problem getting pulled off, but now I'm having my doubts...
I think someone said with regards to waitlist movement at UMN, 1/3 happens right after deadline, 1/3 happens between then and May, and 1/3 happens from May to start of classes. Of course, that is just an estimate, but still

Reactions: 1 user
For these application/interview reviews, have most of you guys been emailing the generic admissions email address? Or do you think calling is better/more efficient?

For these application/interview reviews, have most of you guys been emailing the generic admissions email address? Or do you think calling is better/more efficient?
For KSU I emailed Dr. Elmore (I think that’s what my letter said to do?) and for UIUC I had emailed the general admissions email (and then ended up not needing it because I was called and accepted like 3 hours after I set it up lol)

I just emailed the generic email for UIUC! We'll see what happens.

Does anyone know if I should send in my spring transcript to hold my waitlist seat at the U of MN?

Does anyone know if I should send in my spring transcript to hold my waitlist seat at the U of MN?
I would! Because if you get called off the waitlist, it's best to have as much paperwork in as possible and if it's unranked, it can help you (if you have good grades), it will also help you if you hadn't completed some prereqs.

Reactions: 2 users
I would! Because if you get called off the waitlist, it's best to have as much paperwork in as possible and if it's unranked, it can help you (if you have good grades), it will also help you if you hadn't completed some prereqs.
Thanks!! I’m currently ranked #3 IS at MN so I’m thinking pretty positively right now.

Update:

Waitlisted at UW, but very far down the list. (174)

How do you check your waitlist number for UW-Madison? Do they mention it on the portal?

Congratulations for getting in!

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone on NC State's waitlist OOS, there seems to be some movement! I didn't realize I was still on it and was called off today. I declined so hopefully someone will be getting an exciting call soon!

Reactions: 4 users
This waiting game is killing me. Been #1 on the Minnesota IS waitlist for 2 weeks and anytime my phone rings I go nuts

Reactions: 5 users
For anyone on NC State's waitlist OOS, there seems to be some movement! I didn't realize I was still on it and was called off today. I declined so hopefully someone will be getting an exciting call soon!
Same! There is still movement as I was called off today. I won't be accepting so hopefully someone else hears good news!!

So I’m currently waitlisted at #1 IS for Minnesota (only school I applied to), and I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are as far as starting the application process again? I would probably retake the GRE as that is why I wasn’t accepted from the start and out on the waitlist. I’ve been putting it off in hopes of getting accepted, but yet I don’t want to push it either. Any advice would be appreciated!

So I’m currently waitlisted at #1 IS for Minnesota (only school I applied to), and I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are as far as starting the application process again? I would probably retake the GRE as that is why I wasn’t accepted from the start and out on the waitlist. I’ve been putting it off in hopes of getting accepted, but yet I don’t want to push it either. Any advice would be appreciated!
I assume you’ve done a file review with UMN and that’s how you know that’s why you were waitlisted instead?

I mean, if you need to retake the GRE, you’ll have to study, so I’d at a minimum do that because it’ll take some time to be prepared. How long have you been #1? If it’s been a while, that probably means the class is filled and your only chance is if someone drops last minute. You could also contact the school and ask. If the class is filled, I would definitely begin preparing to apply again.

Reactions: 1 users
I mean, if you need to retake the GRE, you’ll have to study, so I’d at a minimum do that because it’ll take some time to be prepared. How long have you been #1? If it’s been a while, that probably means the class is filled and your only chance is if someone drops last minute. You could also contact the school and ask. If the class is filled, I would definitely begin preparing to apply again.
It’s been 2.5 weeks...

Same! There is still movement as I was called off today. I won't be accepting so hopefully someone else hears good news!!

Woah they had filled the OOS seats a while ago, so some people must have dropped after getting off other school wait lists. Although why you would pass up NCSU's tuition for another school's is beyond me o_O

Woah they had filled the OOS seats a while ago, so some people must have dropped after getting off other school wait lists. Although why you would pass up NCSU's tuition for another school's is beyond me o_O
Scholarship maybe? They are a rare unicorn but they do exist.

Eh my in state is still cheaper than NC. So if people were accepted to their IS, I could see it. Or if something drastic came up and they had to defer. Or they decided they don't want to go to vet school. Who knows!

Scholarship maybe? They are a rare unicorn but they do exist.

Eh my in state is still cheaper than NC. So if people were accepted to their IS, I could see it. Or if something drastic came up and they had to defer. Or they decided they don't want to go to vet school. Who knows!

Yep, you guys got me there :p
I think I've got a little school pride going on too...WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE :rolleyes:

Anyway, its good news for waitlisted people so :thumbup:

Have you tried a GRE prep program like Magoosh? It's relatively inexpensive and seems to have pretty good results. I feel your pain at being #1 on the WL. There is always a chance that you could be called off, but at this point it means that an instate person would have to decide not to come. I'd go ahead and do an intensive 30-45 day GRE study program and retake it, go through the VMCAS application process and reapply. Hopefully with another year under your belt your overall application will be stronger.

Have you considered adding a few OOS schools that are on the cheaper end to your list? Assuming the VIN Cost of Education map is accurate, Minn is not one of the cheaper instate schools, so there are a number of OOS schools that are close in price to Minn. NC State (very competitive to get into as OOS) and WSU are cheaper than Minn. Missouri, Purdue, VAMD, Oregon State, Iowa, and Florida range from $247k to $279k, as compared to Minn $213k. The cheapest option is generally the best option in the long run, but without knowing your specific stats you might match up application wise better at one of these schools than Minn.

Best of luck to you.

Got the call today! I've been accepted to the University of MN CVM!

Reactions: 17 users

Hello! I thought NC state was my dream school but I got a cheaper offer from another school so I had to give up my OOS seat, I hope someone got my spot!!

I just got pulled from Michigan state's IS waitlist!! Waitlist are still moving guys!

Reactions: 11 users
I just got pulled from Michigan state's IS waitlist!! Waitlist are still moving guys!
Congrats! Welcome to our class! Look forward to meeting you!

Officially waitlisted at every school I applied to. WSU, UMN, UF.

No bueno :(
Did you ever find out what rank you were? I'm assuming you were not pulled off the waitlist because it looks like you got into the class of 2023, but I'm currently waitlisted for the class of 2023 and I'm so nervous. I already go to school here for undergrad and I feel like I probably won't get off the waitlist :(

Received an offer (OOS) for UFCVM and accepted this morning! This also means I have pulled my name off the OOS waitlists at UGA, WSU Pullman, and Cornell. I've also declined acceptances to WSU Logan and Guelph OVC. Hope that helps somebody get in!

As an aside for anyone on the OOS WSU waitlist, when I spoke to them last, they said they do not anticipate offering anyone on the waitlist a spot at Pullman but that they are still trying to fill OOS at Logan.
Do you know what rank you were? I'm currently waitlisted at WSU but I'm super worried. I have Pullman as my preference but Logan is an option too.

Hi there! I see that you

Hi there, I see that you were waitlisted for WSU and was just wondering if you ever got off the waitlist? I am currently waitlisted and I'm just asking around to see people's experiences with the WSU waitlist!
I was given an offer for WSU Logan.
Do you know what rank you were? I'm currently waitlisted at WSU but I'm super worried. I have Pullman as my preference but Logan is an option too.
No, they don't ever release that info.
When I did my file review, I was just told that I was generally high on their list (at which point I was offered a spot at Logan).

I was given an offer for WSU Logan.

No, they don't ever release that info.
When I did my file review, I was just told that I was generally high on their list (at which point I was offered a spot at Logan).
Oh I see. She never told me that I was high on the list so I'm assuming I might not get a position :(