Waitlist info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Penn State takes about 1/4 of the class from the waitlist. These acceptances go out from early June until classes begin in August. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

KU Med and Mizzou belong on the changes from year to year list. They both indicated some years they'll take as many as 60 off the waitlist, other years its more like 20.

trubluwolv said:
here's what i know about the WL at MCO: there are two separate lists--one for out-of-state, one for in-state. typically, according to Dean Meyers in the admissions office, they have a lot of movement on their WL between now and june. primarily, this has to do with the fact the the state of Ohio has so many med schools...

the out-of-state list is usually about 80-100 kids, i believe.
they told me that, usually, they go through their entire out-of-state list so that's promising. (which is good for both of us, cuz you're from LA, right?) but then again, it's tough to tell from year to year because trends shift SO much.

Wow, this is a good thread. Very interesting reading, but I wonder how much of it is still accurate since it was started in '02. Anyone happen to know if this still holds true from MUO?

Members don't see this ad :)
^Tacrum, I hope this is true too just got my waitlist letter today :/

Touchdown said:
^Tacrum, I hope this is true too just got my waitlist letter today :/

That would be awesome if it's true. But either way, at least you've got that nice top 1/3 position from EVMS. :) Have you heard from Tufts yet? Waitlists are so nerve-racking!

Tufts I hear from mid may, and Im also waiting on Drexel (1-3 more weeks there.) I absoultly dispise waitlists, I hope that rumors about the "SMP waitlist" at EVMS are true (it seems a bunch of us got in there last year in the first wave.) Good luck on the endo and neuro exams!

Touchdown said:
Tufts I hear from mid may, and Im also waiting on Drexel (1-3 more weeks there.) I absoultly dispise waitlists, I hope that rumors about the "SMP waitlist" at EVMS are true (it seems a bunch of us got in there last year in the first wave.) Good luck on the endo and neuro exams!

I hadn't heard anything about an "SMP waitlist" there, rumor or otherwise. That would be nice (for us) if they saw us as ready to go med students, but I would think they would prefer students from their own masters program. I'm not feeling overly optimistic about my chances there anyhow seeing as I'm now in the middle third.

Good luck on the exams to you too! I'm really a lot more concerned about the neuro test. There is just such an insane amount of material to remember.

BUMP

May 15th draws ever closer. :)/:scared: If anybody has some credible new info about a school, please update the list (the list is on page 2 right now).

Hi Tacrum, Have you been able to find any new information about MCO? There doesn't seem to be much....my husband is also on the OOS waitlist there.

Looking back at last years thread, it appears that the rankings come out late next week or early the week after that.

I was wondering this last night as i was trying to fall asleep and not think about waitlists (ha)...

Is the usual deadline for choosing a med school always May 15th? Last year, and I think the year before, May 15th would have fallen during a weekend. I try to keep myself from comparing with waitlist info from previous years for this very reason. Maybe school X didn't start taking people off the waitlist until May 17th because that was the first Monday after the deadline. :idea:

I dunno, I'm a paranoid pre-med.

JHUNBC said:
I was wondering this last night as i was trying to fall asleep and not think about waitlists (ha)...

I keep doing that too. They're on my mind all the freakin' time. It's so ridiculously stressful.

:luck: everybody.

Members don't see this ad :)
tacrum43 said:
I keep doing that too. They're on my mind all the freakin' time. It's so ridiculously stressful.

Seriously. My girlfriend is visiting this weekend, so I thought I'd be able to take my mind off it...but she's at least as stressed about it as me!

tacrum43 said:

I know. I hate being this worried about something I have so little control over. And it will just get worse the weeks after May 15th. I'm praying I hear something sooner rather than later (or not at all, yikes). :scared:

lookslikerain said:
I know. I hate being this worried about something I have so little control over. And it will just get worse the weeks after May 15th. I'm praying I hear something sooner rather than later (or not at all, yikes). :scared:

Exactly. For as stressed as I (we) am (are) about the upcoming May 15th date, just think about each and every day thereafter. My friends have already told me they're going to call me just to see me jump to my phone.

Anyone else feel that they're much more easy going and happy when there isn't a decision or big exam looming? I feel like I'm a totally different person--usually very laid back and fun, but lately I think I've been pretty uptight and less social. Must be the nerves.

JHUNBC said:
My friends have already told me they're going to call me just to see me jump to my phone.

Your friends are mean. I would hold them fully responsible for any and all MI's/strokes/aneurysms they induce by doing that.

I've found caller ID helps with this, that way I know it is one of my friends or family calling, and not a medical school. There is still that initial surge of excitement/possibility each time the phone rings before I look to see who it is, however. And it's not even May 15th yet!

tacrum43 said:
Your friends are mean. I would hold them fully responsible for any and all MI's/strokes/aneurysms they induce by doing that.

I've found caller ID helps with this, that way I know it is one of my friends or family calling, and not a medical school. There is still that initial surge of excitement/possibility each time the phone rings before I look to see who it is, however. And it's not even May 15th yet!

I'm pretty sad. I know the area codes of all three schools I'm waiting on.

ND2005 said:

GREAT idea. I just looked up mine myself.

ND2005 said:

Well, seeing that you have an acceptance (actually two), and I still have none, I really can't let you out do me on the paranoia scale. I think that I will add the school's phone numbers into my contacts on my cell phone, under the school's name, so that way if someone (say, I don't know...GW, my love) calls, then it'll say "GW".

tacrum43 said:
Well, seeing that you have an acceptance (actually two), and I still have none, I really can't let you out do me on the paranoia scale. I think that I will add the school's phone numbers into my contacts on my cell phone, under the school's name, so that way if someone (say, I don't know...GW, my love) calls, then it'll say "GW".

The phone number of the admissions office of my #1 choice is currently in my contacts list under the "VIP" subcategory.

Though I did have a legit reason for that. (Set up a phone appt with the dean and needed the number).

JHUNBC said:
GREAT idea. I just looked up mine myself.

I didn't actually go out of my way to memorize them.

I know Emory's b/c I'm from atlanta. (I actually know the first 6 digits of emory's, b/c I work at Emory so I know that administrative offices all start with the same 3 digits).

I know Vandy's b/c I had to call their fin-aid office to ask a question and I just haven't forgotten it since then.

I know WashU's b/c I've had to make a few calls to St. Louis b/c a friend is getting married there this summer.

ND2005 said:
I didn't actually go out of my way to memorize them.

I know Emory's b/c I'm from atlanta. (I actually know the first 6 digits of emory's, b/c I work at Emory so I know that administrative offices all start with the same 3 digits).

I know Vandy's b/c I had to call their fin-aid office to ask a question and I just haven't forgotten it since then.

I know WashU's b/c I've had to make a few calls to St. Louis b/c a friend is getting married there this summer.

Haha, look at all that justification. No worries, I wouldn't blame you if you had looked them up. I did know one of mine, as I went to undergrad in Ann Arbor. But I admit, the other two I had to memorize. :idea: