Waitlist question....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhysicsDoc

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I came into the MSTP application cycle late after taking the August MCAT, and I now realize I did not apply broadly enough. I'm currently only holding two waitlist spots: one at Washington, and one at UW-Madison.

I called the administrator at Madison's program today and he told me that my application is at the top of the waitlist, but that there are only five spots remaining in the class and nine outstanding acceptances. Does anyone know (based on experience preferably, but speculation will work too) what the chances are of one of those spots opening up?