Waitlist Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

that guy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked this in someone else's thread but I wanted to up my post-counts...

For people on waitlists (who feel they have a realistic chance to get off of it), are you guys waiting to pay the $1000+ on the AADSAS or are you submitting it right away? With my luck, the day I submit I will get a call telling me that im accepted.

Im completely done with the application, just need the transcript matching form from the school sent in. Does AADSAS send out the applications in waves or do they send out the early ones when its ready? I can't imagine that people who finished on May 15 will have an advantage from people who send in their applications May 30 right???

ADVICE PLEASE! SAVE ME $1000!!!

Members don't see this ad.

uhh.. I want to up my post counts too. :laugh:

Why can't you just submit your app to just a few schools for less just for now instead of the full 1K. Then later on you can add more schools should you feel like it before deadline?

I'm waiting until 1st week of june to submit.

Good luck, hope you get taken off the waitlist soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say wait until june 1, but not much longer. The last thing you want to do, is have a late application. Being waitlisted at 3 schools last year, I did not receive a acceptance... boy was I glad I got the '08 application in early. Managed to get myself 8 early interviews and 7 acceptances on Dec 1.

Just because you think you will get in off the waitlist doesn't mean you will. If they have no movement in their class, it doesn't matter if you are #1 or #20 on the waitlist.

You could like someone else suggested only apply to a few schools at first, and then add later, although I am not sure how much money that would save you because of the sliding scale costs of the application.

Good luck, I know it is tough to be on those waitlists- as I have been there before.

I would say wait until june 1, but not much longer. The last thing you want to do, is have a late application. Being waitlisted at 3 schools last year, I did not receive a acceptance... boy was I glad I got the '08 application in early. Managed to get myself 8 early interviews and 7 acceptances on Dec 1.

Just because you think you will get in off the waitlist doesn't mean you will. If they have no movement in their class, it doesn't matter if you are #1 or #20 on the waitlist.

You could like someone else suggested only apply to a few schools at first, and then add later, although I am not sure how much money that would save you because of the sliding scale costs of the application.

Good luck, I know it is tough to be on those waitlists- as I have been there before.
miztikatz, did you have the same exact stats reapplying?

arg.. i hate this predicament... so you think that applying May 30 isnt much different from May 15?

I am on the waitlist at NYU. I just submitted my 2009 application and did not add NYU yet. Should I wait till August to add it? The only reason why I would wait is because NYUs waitlist has good movement, at least from what everyone says. I talked to the head of admissions at the school and she wouldnt give me a staight answer if I should apply now and be early or wait. She basically told me that there is nothing that she can tell me and she is not sure if there will be any movement. What do you guys think I should do?

I would just apply early and eat the money spent toward AADSAS if you get accepted. $1000 isn't really all that much but it becomes a lot if you are a late applier, compared to all those who submit right away. Now about me this is my third year applying and just got off the wait list to University of Washington. All other years I applied to like 20 school as soon as possible even though I was on a waitlist. Lastly for those of you who our wondering $1000 is a lot as it was my OWN money and not someone elses. I feel however that you should just submit and not wait it out. The longer you wait, the more applications there are in front of you and the longer it will take to be reviewed. Be proactive and it will pay off. Good Luck!

I would just apply early and eat the money spent toward AADSAS if you get accepted. $1000 isn't really all that much but it becomes a lot if you are a late applier, compared to all those who submit right away. Now about me this is my third year applying and just got off the wait list to University of Washington. All other years I applied to like 20 school as soon as possible even though I was on a waitlist. Lastly for those of you who our wondering $1000 is a lot as it was my OWN money and not someone elses. I feel however that you should just submit and not wait it out. The longer you wait, the more applications there are in front of you and the longer it will take to be reviewed. Be proactive and it will pay off. Good Luck!

I agree. $1000 isn't all that much when you look at what dental school is going to cost you anyways. Hopefully you do get in this year but you should do everything you can to give yourself the best shot possible at getting in next year.

Is everyone waiting for their transcripts and/or LORs to get to AADSAS before paying? Is there an advantage of submitting it now even though the transcript hasnt been sent?

Can someone help me out with my previous question? I really have no idea what I should do. Thanks

AADSAS will not do anything until they have all your transcripts and you application has been submitted. They need to have both before they can start calculating GPAs... if you're on a waitlist and you want to buy some time, at least send out your transcripts since most schools take a week or two to get those out. Your app is e-submitted so that's pretty much instant. There isn't really any advantage to submitting your app before you send your transcripts. Letters of Rec have no bearing on how your app is processed at AADSAS. They will process it and send it out even if they don't have letters of rec.