Waitlist Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Probably good to delete. You pretty much identified your app lol.
Ugh I know lol I started getting too carried away into this post haha. I think it just felt therapeutic because of all the anxiety I felt this cycle... Kind of embarrassing because I've come across a handful of people on this forum that give such a detailed account of their school/volunteer locations/MCAT that it would be very easy to identify them, and I always told myself I would never do something like that.

Anyways, I think the best advice in this thread was the one where it was suggested that you don't remain passive and just wait. I know it's so hard, because you may think you may not need to do anything else and will just matriculate, or because you are just so anxious and depressed, but adcoms really do like to see people that are proactive. Worst case scenario if you end up getting into a school, you can include your volunteer/research exp on your app for residency :)

Has anyone here been accepted off the waitlist?
I feel like there hasn't been any movement anywhere... :(

Not everyone goes to SDN to report movement. I agree though, waitlist life sucks.

Reactions: 1 users
I know you hate hearing this, but you just have to be patient. Remember that not everyone uses sdn, and that people are accepted all the way up until orientation day (which can range from June-August).

Reactions: 1 user
There's movement. I was accepted this morning for CCOM. Be patient and I recommend not going on SDN too much to keep track of movement and not stress about it. I know it's hard but Your time will come.

Reactions: 7 users
I think some schools sent out extensions for seat deposits which is why wait list movement has been almost non existent.

There is def. movement, I just got accepted to WVSOM from the alternate list....don't loose hope.....man this put me in tears...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I'm on the AZCOM wait list. Anyone know if this wait list typically has much movement?

The BCOM waitlist has 400 people. Wow.

Members don't see this ad :)
The BCOM waitlist has 400 people. Wow.
Seriously? I'm surprised but not surprised, considering that it's a brand new school...but 400 seems steep. Where did you hear this?

Anyone from the ACOM waitlist hear anything today?

Nothing from LECOM, MUCOM, and NOVA yet. Waiting game continues...
Tell me about it. Nothing from three other schools as well. Hopefully June is favorable for all of us!

Seriously? I'm surprised but not surprised, considering that it's a brand new school...but 400 seems steep. Where did you hear this?

Considering they can't accept more than their class size by the rules established by COCA for new schools, I'm not surprised.

Other schools accept around 2-3 times their class size. This is all normal.

Last edited:
Still "accepted pending a seat" at my top choice. I declined my interview at my #2 because I was so sure I'd be accepted by now.

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch, sorry but a definite misstep there

Yeah I'm still waiting on some movement from ACOM :whistle:

I got a call from Western-COMP last week. I was a deferred acceptant, but was offered a seat for this year's class!

I got a call from Western-COMP last week. I was a deferred acceptant, but was offered a seat for this year's class!
Very nice. I know you had a couple options - will you be matriculating there?

Yup! I think it will be the best choice for me personally! :)
I think you did as well. Please be sure to rescind your other acceptances (after you make your deposit at Western of course) and have your name removed from waitlists as this will surely expedite opportunities for others. I did and saw that someone was pulled days later. While this might have been entirely coincidental, it sure does feel good knowing that you created just one more opportunity for someone else :)

Last edited:
the schools are accepted already, and started waitlist ? is there a point in me even applying?

can someone explain all this .. thanks

the schools are accepted already, and started waitlist ? is there a point in me even applying?

can someone explain all this .. thanks

This commentary you see is for the previous cycle in which students have been waitlisted an are awaiting their potential turn on matriculating. You cant even apply for the previous cycle (2015-2016)

I believe you WILL be applying for the 2016-2017 cycle now which honestly the process has only begun.

I am guessing there's barely any movement anywhere...

I was accepted at WCUCOM two Friday's ago and I know one person that dropped from there because called VCom so still movement

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Starting to lose hope...less than a month until most schools start.

Starting to lose hope...less than a month until most schools start.
Depends on the school really. If you're caught in BCOM's 400 person alternate list or ATSU-SOMA's alternate list for class that starts in July, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Certain schools are doling out deferred acceptances and standby spots to their waitlist. If you are one without an acceptance now, chances are looking real slim but they aren't zero.

I turned down an acceptance at ATSU SOMA last week. The only CHC left is South Carolina.

I turned down an acceptance at ATSU SOMA last week. The only CHC left is South Carolina.
Is the CHC availability the reason you turned them down? I would avoid having to go to South Carolina myself, but beggars can't be choosers at this point.

Is the CHC availability the reason you turned them down? I would avoid having to go to South Carolina myself, but beggars can't be choosers at this point.
It's not the only reason but yeah it was a reason. Luckily I have been accepted elsewhere and I prefer that schools location over SC.

what I am doing is trying to keep myself busy with lots and lots of things to do and I also am keeping a journal where I can write down my thoughts.
Well this isn't the part of the 2015-16 cycle to be keeping your mind on other things and hope to get off the waitlist. If you haven't been accepted yet and haven't reapplied, you are already at a major disadvantage.

Depends on the school really. If you're caught in BCOM's 400 person alternate list or ATSU-SOMA's alternate list for class that starts in July, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Certain schools are doling out deferred acceptances and standby spots to their waitlist. If you are one without an acceptance now, chances are looking real slim but they aren't zero.
BCOM starts in mid August

Just got accepted off the waitlist to NOVA !! So happy right now!
Have faith everyone! It will always work out at the end... never lose hope.

Reactions: 4 users
Well...I can finally say that I'm a medical student now

Accepted off the waitlist to LECOM! :soexcited: 3.1//31 I guess I'm technically an underdog too! Good luck to my SDN family, I cannot thank you guys enough for guiding me in the right direction throughout the years!

Reactions: 3 users
Seton Hill

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did they send you an email or snail mail or call you? I was accepted off the WL via snail mail there three weeks ago and still feel super scrambled before orientation tomorrow. I'm in Greensburg right now but will be sleeping on the carpet till August 1.

Did they send you an email or snail mail or call you? I was accepted off the WL via snail mail there three weeks ago and still feel super scrambled before orientation tomorrow. I'm in Greensburg right now but will be sleeping on the carpet till August 1.

I received a call, most likely due to the fact that registration begins on the 22nd (tomorrow).

I was #17 on the waitlist this year at WCUCOM. I waited and waited with little hope that I would ever get in. By the end of July, I was number 1 on the waitlist. I had a week to get in before the start of class. To my dismay, I did not get in that week. I gave up. I started frantically applying for the next cycle, stressing over the MCAT, and planning for my unwelcome gap year.

I just received the call today (a week into school) that a position has opened up. I immediately accepted and drove two hours to Hattiesburg to turn in my deposit.

DON'T GIVE UP!

When it is your time, no one can take that away from you. Always stay humble and hopeful. Always stay prepared.

I wish all of you luck and blessings in whatever life may throw your way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users