Waitlist Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WolverineNation

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently waitlisted at 3 schools: NOVA, MUCOM and LECOM. Hoping for some movement after the May 15th deadline... or else it's another cycle for me.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Currently waitlisted at 3 schools: NOVA, MUCOM and LECOM. Hoping for some movement after the May 15th deadline... or else it's another cycle for me.

I'm in a worse boat. only 1 waitlist (ACOM). Best of luck to you. Hoping to hear something this week.

Reactions: 2 users
Yah. I'm waitlisted at CCOM and MUCOM. Ugh I've got my fingers crossed for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same boat! 3 WL: TUCOM, ATSU and LECOM-B. I hope we all start hearing some good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I got 3 wait list: LECOM, CCOM and TUNCOM. sending good vibes to all those with only wait lists at this point.

Something that students often do is get wait listed and then sit around and hope they magically get accepted. I've seen it a lot at my university, they wait list people and then never hear back. Many med schools like to see people who are motivated, energetic, and passionate. So don't just sit around, do something like shadowing, take a week/month long course, volunteer, medical missions work, etc and let the school know. It may just give you that extra point needed to get you selected over someone else. It also shows them how badly you want it and that makes a difference at many schools. It's a bit late to start but never know.

Best of Luck!

Waitlisted at ACOM and UNECOM or else applying again soon :/ saving for deposit (just in case) + another round of apps eeeek. This cycle was brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in a worse boat. only 1 waitlist (ACOM). Best of luck to you. Hoping to hear something this week.

Waitlisted at ACOM and UNECOM or else applying again soon :/ saving for deposit (just in case) + another round of apps eeeek. This cycle was brutal.

Past couple cycles ACOM took like half the wait list

Waitlisted at GA-PCOM. This is my second cycle for medical school. Will not reapply for third cycle.

Im waitlisted at my top choice, Ive been told by Ad Coms "dont reapply just yet, and that I am in a pretty good position amongst the other applicants on the waitlist", not sure how to take that? :-(

Im waitlisted at my top choice, Ive been told by Ad Coms "dont reapply just yet, and that I am in a pretty good position amongst the other applicants on the waitlist", not sure how to take that? :-(

I would start planning to apply anyways, just in case. Don't submit the application yet, but have everything ready to go.

Members don't see this ad :)

Wondering, how many schools did you apply too and how many interviews did you get?

Wondering, how many schools did you apply too and how many interviews did you get?

Sure, I applied to 11 schools and got 3 interviews.

Hopefully we all hear some good news soon! Sending good vibes to everyone as well. Keep us updated if you get accepted off the waitlist.

Hopefully we all hear some good news soon! Sending good vibes to everyone as well. Keep us updated if you get accepted off the waitlist.

Likewise, thanks, with this "May 15" date being an unofficial deadline of sorts, when do you think the most movement will happen in your opinion and hence could hear back?

Oh that is pretty good :D
I was wondering if you could possibly look at my stats and say if you think they fall within a decent range so I may get similar results?(I actually applying June 15th or so. I am actually applying and have a bit of financial strap, so it may be a hit for me so I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible from people who have already applied.
I'm an hispanic/Latino
Major: General Biology
Minor: Computer Science
GPA: 3.5
Computer Science GPA: 3.8(Don't know if they even care about this)
Science GPA: 3.25(However Im taking classes this quarter and will probably boost my gpa if all goes well to a 3.4)
Mcat Score: 504(127,123,127,127)
3 recommendation letters(2 Science, 1 Writing)
ExtraCurricular:
SBMRI Research internship: 350 hours+
75+ Hours of Volunteer at Hospital
Shadowing of a doctor and letter of rec(soon to happen)

Best of luck buddy! All you can do now is just wait it out. May I ask what school your top choice is?

Funny. I applied to 11 schools and also got exactly 3 interviews and 1 wait list. Guess we should have both gone for that 12th :/

Applied to 20 schools

1 interview, 1 waitlist.

As you can see, the waitlist is literally killing me with stress.

Waitlisted at TUNCOM. Every time my phone rings I hope it is from them.

Waitlisted at BCOM.

I checked with them last in January. Will call again this week and hope for the best :thumbup:

Oh that is pretty good :D
I was wondering if you could possibly look at my stats and say if you think they fall within a decent range so I may get similar results?(I actually applying June 15th or so. I am actually applying and have a bit of financial strap, so it may be a hit for me so I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible from people who have already applied.
I'm an hispanic/Latino
Major: General Biology
Minor: Computer Science
GPA: 3.5
Computer Science GPA: 3.8(Don't know if they even care about this)
Science GPA: 3.25(However Im taking classes this quarter and will probably boost my gpa if all goes well to a 3.4)
Mcat Score: 504(127,123,127,127)
3 recommendation letters(2 Science, 1 Writing)
ExtraCurricular:
SBMRI Research internship: 350 hours+
75+ Hours of Volunteer at Hospital
Shadowing of a doctor and letter of rec(soon to happen)

Check your PM.

Still "accepted pending a seat" at my top choice. I declined my interview at my #2 because I was so sure I'd be accepted by now.

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 waitlists. Crossing my fingers during this post-May 15th era.

Waitlisted at BCOM.

I checked with them last in January. Will call again this week and hope for the best :thumbup:
So am I. Although I've read on the BCOM thread that the waitlist has a little chance of acceptance because of the DA list taking priority. It really is a shame they built such a huge regular waitlist that they probably aren't going to touch most of.

LECOM sent out an email asking if people want to remain on their wait list. So movement should start soon.

Did you call and ask about your ranking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Most med schools are okay about giving you a general idea of where you stand. I didnt apply to wcucom but the school Im working with told me that "dont reapply just yet, you are in a pretty good position".

Most med schools are okay about giving you a general idea of where you stand. I didnt apply to wcucom but the school Im working with told me that "dont reapply just yet, you are in a pretty good position".

This is also what I was advised, but it is soooo hard to hear this advice and believe when I just want to be logical and pro-active about things lol.

This is also what I was advised, but it is soooo hard to hear this advice and believe when I just want to be logical and pro-active about things lol.

Yeh it is hard but after a few open house visits, and having spoken to nearly everyone in ad coms at this school, Id like to think and hold them to their word with some degree of certainty. Best wishes to you.

I'm about to do something dumb. I wrote a letter for a school that I am on the waitlist for to hopefully get me off and I want someone else to read it and tell me it's not stupid. It's long af, just a warning.

So if anyone is willing to read it and give advice on if this is dumb or not, that'd be appreciated.

I'm about to do something dumb. I wrote a letter for a school that I am on the waitlist for to hopefully get me off and I want someone else to read it and tell me it's not stupid. It's long af, just a warning.

So if anyone is willing to read it and give advice on if this is dumb or not, that'd be appreciated.

I'm of course no expert since I'm currently on waitlists too, but I have heard that if you do write a letter to make sure it's short and concise

I'm of course no expert since I'm currently on waitlists too, but I have heard that if you do write a letter to make sure it's short and concise

I have already sent a one page letter of intent. as well as a 3/4 page update letter with some research.

So on this one I just said **** it and made it all out and cut out the fake bull ****. I went straight to the point on why I want this, and why I haven't quit yet. I have read that letters like these help, and also that letters like this go straight in the trash.

If you are going to write a LOI, make sure its different somehow.

For example, I included a podcast link to a radio show I was invited to speak about osteopathic medicine. When I went to a recent open house, everyone knew me by name, and said thanks for sending that in. So if you are going to write something, make it diff, by including something like a research abstract.

Hi guys,
This might be a dumb question but I want to know if there is anything we wait listers can do in order to prepare for a possible admit. I know we should get our immunizations and fill out the FAFSA, but anything else i'm missing? Especially regarding student loans? Or is this mostly school-specific? Thank you!

Hi guys,
This might be a dumb question but I want to know if there is anything we wait listers can do in order to prepare for a possible admit. I know we should get our immunizations and fill out the FAFSA, but anything else i'm missing? Especially regarding student loans? Or is this mostly school-specific? Thank you!

Email current students about housing suggestions is the first thing that comes to mind. Also maybe gather your belongings at home to a semi ready-to-move state. The latter would probably be more applicable near late July or early August.
It's not a stupid question, but at the same time it feels like I'm counting my chickens before they hatch.

Is it just me or has there been very little waitlist movement for the DO schools?

Reactions: 7 users
Is it just me or has there been very little waitlist movement for the DO schools?

Its been very little. The fact that DO schools did implement a soft "deadline" of sorts in lieu of May 15 this year, they seem to be giving accepted students more time probably its the first implementation of this rule.

That said, the school I am keenly interested and am an alternate at did update and load my transcripts this week. What does that mean? Not sure, but I am cautiously optimistic because I was told directly by ad coms to not reapply just yet and that my alternate position is pretty good.

Long story short? Its the quiet before the storm my friend, I think there will be movement and its coming. Ad coms always know more than they can say and share.

Its been very little. The fact that DO schools did implement a soft "deadline" of sorts in lieu of May 15 this year, they seem to be giving accepted students more time probably its the first implementation of this rule.

That said, the school I am keenly interested and am an alternate at did update and load my transcripts this week. What does that mean? Not sure, but I am cautiously optimistic because I was told directly by ad coms to not reapply just yet and that my alternate position is pretty good.

Long story short? Its the quiet before the storm my friend, I think there will be movement and its coming. Ad coms always know more than they can say and share.

What do you mean load your transcripts? Aren't your transcripts already loaded way before you are complete.

What do you mean load your transcripts? Aren't your transcripts already loaded way before you are complete.

They are. You are correct. I am speaking of after the fact of completion, interviewing etc. This was a change in my online portal I noted which meant "possible waitlist" activity in that they are prepping certain alternate list applicant files for potential matriculation. I didnt see them listed 2 weeks ago, now I do.

If I reapply through aacomas this cycle, does that take me off of the waitlist at that school?! I was also considering doing a one year MBS, if I accept matriculation into one of these programs for this fall, in case I don't get off of the wait list, will this automatically take me off the waitlist?