Waitlist Thread MD 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got waitlisted at Drexel on 4/26/17
Accepted off waitlist this morning! It was my first acceptance!
Hope for you all that there is movement! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 23 users
Just got accepted today at UC Davis! I was waitlisted in February, and this was my first acceptance!
Best of luck to everyone still waiting :luck:

Reactions: 20 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Barely any movement from my two schools. One person said they were accepted off the waitlist, but that was before April 30.

Reactions: 1 user
Barely any movement from my two schools. One person said they were accepted off the waitlist, but that was before April 30.

With you there. I'm only on one waitlist and haven't seen any news of movement yet :( Really hoping they're just taking their sweet time and waiting for higher ranked schools to free up seats.

Reactions: 2 users
I know, right? I've seen so much movement at Cornell, the UCs, and a bit at Yale and Harvard, yet nothing at the mid-tiers where I'm wait listed. :cryi: Oh well, I'm hoping for the best but planning for the worst...

With you there. I'm only on one waitlist and haven't seen any news of movement yet :( Really hoping they're just taking their sweet time and waiting for higher ranked schools to free up seats.

Anyone know anything about UCI Waitlist movement??...@gyngyn had said there was movement...official UCI thread seems dead. Hoping to get off soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I do not like this waitlist thing. I'm going insane.

Reactions: 13 users
I woke up from a nightmare that I was rejected off every waitlist and the admissions feedback was that I was "kinda weird" o_O the stress is real

Reactions: 3 users
Had a similar nightmare, where white belts (I'm a black belt) kept telling me everything I was doing was wrong. I get excited every time I see a new e-mail, but the latest was that AMCAS received a transcript in support of my application to the 2018 entering class...:scared:

I woke up from a nightmare that I was rejected off every waitlist and the admissions feedback was that I was "kinda weird" o_O the stress is real

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to one school, still waitlisted in 5 schools, one of them is my top choice, and I know there was significant movement last week, and little remained from now on. It sounds like about 60 accepted off the list already and about 20 withdrew and Adcom of the school may issue that 20 admissions sometime late of this week. If like this, applying simple math, and timing then in the end of May there would be 2 or 3 seats remained, and couple of unpredictable seats in June and July ?? :uhno:

Please correct me if I am wrong about my logic.

Now, I am a little bit uptight as time goes on, as I hope to get in one of the schools that put me in the waitlist.

According to my friend who is experienced last cycle, 80 % will get accepted off the list before the end of May, and less than 20 % are off the list after. My guesstimation is 90% before the end of May and less than 10% after.

Any other opinions or empirical facts about this ?

I got accepted to one school, still waitlisted in 5 schools, one of them is my top choice, and I know there was significant movement last week, and little remained from now on. It sounds like about 60 accepted off the list already and about 20 withdrew and Adcom of the school may issue that 20 admissions sometime late of this week. If like this, applying simple math, and timing then in the end of May there would be 2 or 3 seats remained, and couple of unpredictable seats in June and July ?? :uhno:

Please correct me if I am wrong about my logic.

Now, I am a little bit uptight as time goes on, as I hope to get in one of the schools that put me in the waitlist.

According to my friend who is experienced last cycle, 80 % will get accepted off the list before the end of May, and less than 20 % are off the list after. My guesstimation is 90% before the end of May and less than 10% after.

Any other opinions or empirical facts about this ?

Trying to read coherently through your posts physically hurts me.

Reactions: 14 users
Accepted to 1 school..waitlisted at 3..but my dream school is in texas...OOS only 7% are OOS n 93% in state... basically something magical has to happen for me to get in lol

Leaving this thread as I got off the waitlist at my state school!

Reactions: 19 users
Both of my school-specific threads that I am waitlisted at have seen no movement yet... Rumors of 1 or 2 people getting accepted, but that's it. Is this normal? In the past both of these schools have pulled 50-60% of the applicants off the WL for acceptance.

Accepted to 1 school..waitlisted at 3..but my dream school is in texas...OOS only 7% are OOS n 93% in state... basically something magical has to happen for me to get in lol
What school in Texas? Rooting for you. Texas is one of the greatest countries to live in!

Waitlisted at USF for a few months and really hoping they'll pull me off for this cycle. Stats and app are decent (I think) and went there for my master's so kinda feeling on edge. Well not kinda, majorly on edge :eek:

Reactions: 2 users
Currently on the waitlist at FSU and cannot stop checking my email and wondering if I have a shot! It's my only school I have left to get into...trying my best to stay positive.

Currently on the waitlist at FSU and cannot stop checking my email and wondering if I have a shot! It's my only school I have left to get into...trying my best to stay positive.

I feel the same way. I am waitlisted at Morehouse. Interviewed in September so I have been waiting a long time. I check my email and regular mail daily because I can't help torturing myself lol. Trying to be patient. It's my only chance this cycle so I'm hoping for the best! Good luck to you!

I feel the same way. I am waitlisted at Morehouse. Interviewed in September so I have been waiting a long time. I check my email and regular mail daily because I can't help torturing myself lol. Trying to be patient. It's my only chance this cycle so I'm hoping for the best! Good luck to you!
Good luck to you as well! The struggle is so real! In hindsight, I wish I would've applied to more schools. Although, I'm really trying not to do the "what if" thinking because it doesn't change anything.

Good luck to you as well! The struggle is so real! In hindsight, I wish I would've applied to more schools. Although, I'm really trying not to do the "what if" thinking because it doesn't change anything.

Exactly, "what if" thinking won't help. I'm guilty of that too. Just remember you did your best!

Exactly, "what if" thinking won't help. I'm guilty of that too. Just remember you did your best!
You're exactly right, and thank you! What's meant to be will be, even if it's not the outcome I want right now. Good luck to all!

And it's not like you're not "good enough" for med school because you're on a waitlist. If you weren't good enough, they would've rejected you.

Reactions: 4 users
Wayne State still has over a hundred seats to give away from their WL and there's been hardly any movement at all. Very troubling.

Currently on 1 MD waitlist at my state school. Any advice on how to get off??

Also, my interviewer asked me if I already had any acceptances from a medical school. I said yes but did not elaborate and she didn't ask from which schools. I currently have a DO acceptance so it's not a lie but I'm worried that she might think that I lied because they can now see if I've been accepted to any MD schools. Is this bad??

Help ease my mind. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Very unlikely that the interviewer would have time to flag the old interview question then address it at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted at 1 school. Sent a LOI. At this point, would it help or hurt me to call the admissions office?

Waitlisted since October. This process has definitely been a long one but it looks like the end is near and with it hopefully some good news :)

Reactions: 3 users
Really hoping my school has movement tomorrow. I'm running out of alternative careers to research.

Reactions: 4 users
Great Scott ! I got an admission off the waitlist from the school of my top choice. Feel like walking on cloud and it is time to pack.
Best wishes to all who wait for the best of the best. Keep your fingers and toes crossed !

Reactions: 23 users
Such a hectic predicament. Currently studying for the MCAT(my score is now expired) in case I don't make it in off the wait list.

Such a hectic predicament. Currently studying for the MCAT(my score is now expired) in case I don't make it in off the wait list.
I'm in the same boat. I work like 60 hrs/week so I'm slowly chipping away at it, looking to take it in January

I'm in the same boat. I work like 60 hrs/week so I'm slowly chipping away at it, looking to take it in January

Sheesh. I only work around 20 a week at this time and it's still impeding my studying. I want to apply early decision to one of my state schools and that will require me to submit my app in a few days + take mcat by July 28. The timelines for all this craziness are lovely. Its a shame that mcat scores have expiration dates..

Sheesh. I only work around 20 a week at this time and it's still impeding my studying. I want to apply early decision to one of my state schools and that will require me to submit my app in a few days + take mcat by July 28. The timelines for all this craziness are lovely. Its a shame that mcat scores have expiration dates..

Ugh I wish they didn't expire, or at least in 5 years. I don't think I could get my score again unfortunately :(

Ugh I wish they didn't expire, or at least in 5 years. I don't think I could get my score again unfortunately :(

That extra year would be great! I put a ton of work into my current score. I feel you.

May is coming to an end. Does anyone think there will be waitlist movement in the next 2weeks? The school where I am waitlisted has orientation the last week of June.

That extra year would be great! I put a ton of work into my current score. I feel you.

If you did it once, you can do it again!

Although I do agree that the expiration date is a bit short.

If you did it once, you can do it again!

Although I do agree that the expiration date is a bit short.

This Is true! It isn't much easier this time around. Having an intensive biology postgrad under belt is nice too. How have you felt about it this far?

This Is true! It isn't much easier this time around. Having an intensive biology postgrad under belt is nice too. How have you felt about it this far?

In some twisted sense I'm kind of enjoying it; I'm excited to beat my old score. Spending the past couple years since graduation doing research has definitely helped me develop better critical thinking skills which should serve me well

In some twisted sense I'm kind of enjoying it; I'm excited to beat my old score. Spending the past couple years since graduation doing research has definitely helped me develop better critical thinking skills which should serve me well

I definitely get that. self competition is fueling things a bit Right now. Crazy what a few years of more advanced learning does to the mind. Research experience definitely has its benefits on the mcat nowadays too.