Waitlist - What to do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praetor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have two questions.

1) I am currently a senior in college and have been waitlisted at some schools (therefore won't be reviewed again until May-ish). In the past have medical schools asked for grades from my senior year? Or will they review the application as is?

2) If I am waitlisted, is there anything I can do to improve my chances? Should I send them a letter about how they are my first choice (if they are)?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have two questions.

1) I am currently a senior in college and have been waitlisted at some schools (therefore won't be reviewed again until May-ish). In the past have medical schools asked for grades from my senior year? Or will they review the application as is?

2) If I am waitlisted, is there anything I can do to improve my chances? Should I send them a letter about how they are my first choice (if they are)?

Thanks.

1) You should certainly update the schools with your grades and accomplishments that you have completed throughout the year (and you should want to do this to improve your applications).

2) If you are absolutely positive that you would go to a certain school over all others, even if another school gave you a full-ride, then you can write a letter of intent. Just be aware of the implications this has; if they accept you, they expect that you are going to go to their school regardless of your other offers.

Also, remember that you still have time. I'm assuming you have other schools that you haven't heard back from, so don't get too discouraged just yet. Best of luck.

You could also send them an update of your stuff like the classes you are taking next semester, any changes in work, etc. Just to give them some more information about you.