Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

excusezmoi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll say this would be a super newb question. I don't get the concept of waitlist. How long do you guys have to wait? Does it take months, a year or two? What are the chances of a waitlisted person?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll say this would be a super newb question. I don't get the concept of waitlist. How long do you guys have to wait? Does it take months, a year or two? What are the chances of a waitlisted person?

Wait lists would more accurately be called alternate lists. If someone was selected to attend more than one DS, then when they decline at whichever they don't want to attend someone from the alternate list is contacted. Each school and each cycle will be different in regards to how many positions will open up. I know someone who was contacted off a wait list the second week in August and was asked to attend starting the following week.
As for how long you have to wait, each application is only good for that particular cycle. So, if you are on a list and haven't been contacted by the time DS starts in the fall you are out of luck for that cycle and it will be necessary to re-apply. That said, I think anyone on an alternate list that waits until then to re-apply is crazy especially with each cycle becoming more competitive.

FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared: You don't want to do it!

Members don't see this ad :)
....waitlisted 7 months........and.....stil waitin........