Waitlisted applicant applying EDP next cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aymar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any adcoms have experience with applicants who were previously waitlisted and apply EDP to that school in a subsequent cycle? I am on multiple waitlists currently and in preparing to submit AMCAS again soon, I want to make sure I've explored all of my options.

disclaimer: I have not called the school I am considering EDP at to discuss my candidacy yet. Honestly I'm not sure if they will speak to me since I am still currently under consideration...

Is there any way that inquiring about this could negatively affect my chances for getting off the WL? (i.e. By making it clear that I will apply again to their school regardless of the outcome this cycle, so why waste a spot on me in the incoming class)

Thanks in advance! @gyngyn @Goro @LizzyM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The most important thing to do when considering an early decision is consulting with the school regarding your candidacy.
It would seem less likely that you are a strong candidate if you were not accepted in this cycle.

That was my gut reaction too. Do you think there are any risks to calling and and asking if the Dean will discuss my chances?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
That was my gut reaction too. Do you think there are any risks to calling and and asking if the Dean will discuss my chances?
In the next three weeks, the majority of waitlist movement will be over. At that point, call admissions and ask if you can get feedback as to what held them back from accepting you.