Waitlisted at IVY-Doc wants to call on my behalf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steakandlobster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i am currently waitlisted at an IVY with an unranked waitlist. The doctor who's clinic i volunteer at offered to make a phone call to the school for me. She is in no way connected to the school though. Should i thank him for the offer and say no thanks, or will this potentailly help?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thank him for the offer, and if he's willing to vouch for you let him vouch, especially if he's a somebody in his field. If this is your top choice, do whatever it takes to get in. If you feel a phone call is inappropriate, let him write a letter for you.

So i am currently waitlisted at an IVY with an unranked waitlist. The doctor who's clinic i volunteer at offered to make a phone call to the school for me. He is in no way connected to the school though. Should i thank him for the offer and say no thanks, or will this potentailly help?

it won't really hurt you at this point... chances are it won't really help either since its getting to the point where they might have only a few acceptances to go, but it might. Go for it IMO.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't be silly...OF COURSE you should let him make the phone call

it can't hurt you. it CAN help you.

this process is a crapshoot...every little can make the difference

Thanks for the reply folks. She already wrote me a letter specifically to that school. I just don't want it to look pompous or anything. Should i give her the number for the Admissions office or the dean of admissions?

Another letter might be better, IMO, than a phone call if the doc isn't connected in any way. But maybe LizzyM can chime in here.

FotoFlexer_Photo-1.jpg

Also, why do you capitalize IVY?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude ru kidding me? Have the doc call STAT. A letter is way less personal and who knows it may get get lost in the shuffle.

You seem to be having some trouble identifying this doctor friend's gender.

So is this doctor a he or a she? Troll?

or of Baltimore where LizzyM holds fort at the World's [other] Best Medical School? (LizzyM is too good for that school in Cambridge.)

:laugh:

hms is actually in boston..

more importantly, thou shalt not try to identify LizzyM or her school

So i am currently waitlisted at an IVY with an unranked waitlist. The doctor who's clinic i volunteer at offered to make a phone call to the school for me. She is in no way connected to the school though. Should i thank him for the offer and say no thanks, or will this potentailly help?

Aren't you already accepted somewhere? You've started 20 threads about various things you might as well create a sticky'd thread of "SteakandLobsters Random Musings/Panics/Neurotic Breakdowns" and just ask questions every 5 seconds so people can answer them in one thread. More often than not, they'll tell you to calm down and either say "No, that's a bad idea" or "That won't hurt your chances". In which case, we could just develop a scripted code in the SDN Pre-Allo that auto replies to any thread made by you which actually responds with both of those. In which case, you can be rest assured that that the response is 99.999% accurate.

Either that or you can just keep trolling. :laugh:

Aren't you already accepted somewhere? You've started 20 threads about various things you might as well create a sticky'd thread of "SteakandLobsters Random Musings/Panics/Neurotic Breakdowns" and just ask questions every 5 seconds so people can answer them in one thread. More often than not, they'll tell you to calm down and either say "No, that's a bad idea" or "That won't hurt your chances". In which case, we could just develop a scripted code in the SDN Pre-Allo that auto replies to any thread made by you which actually responds with both of those. In which case, you can be rest assured that that the response is 99.999% accurate.

Either that or you can just keep trolling. :laugh:

What a waste of a post. You are the one who is trolling.. and Wow you even quoted yourself in your sig... Solid.

LizzyM has been busy IRL.

I'm not sure that a phone call from a physician with no association to the school is going to help someone with a waitlist spot. It can't hurt but it won't help over and above the applicant expressing interest himself.

LizzyM has been busy IRL.

I'm not sure that a phone call from a physician with no association to the school is going to help someone with a waitlist spot. It can't hurt but it won't help over and above the applicant expressing interest himself.

I miss your old avatar :laugh:

Too many people thought that was really me.... but I'm not 90 years old!

Here's something new in keeping with this thread.

:thumbup: So stealthy. (Although in my head you are still a sassy, trash-talking cheerleading coach.)