Waitlisted for summer program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ykmedicine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So yesterday after 2 weeks of hoping and praying it turns out I was waitlisted for the Cornell Travelers Summer Program that i dream to attend. I was wondering what the odds are that I would actually be moved off of the waitlist and get into program. Do people ever reject their acceptances? Also, when I talked to the dean about when I should call again to hear from them she said I can call back everyday if i want. I feel like doing this may be bad (and make me seem desperate, but hey I am to go to this program) but maybe if i called every 2/3 days she would see that I am sincerely interested in this program and that maybe then I would be one step closer to being accepted? Or should I just tough it out and wait a week and then call and see if some magic happened. Let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry to hear that. i think wait list movement changes from year to year. Last year there was no movement but the year before I believe a few people declined so it can go either way. I wouldn't call everyday, but maybe once a week instead. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. The people that run the program are incredibly nice & helpful so showing an interest can't hurt you! Good luck! :luck:

Ugh i hate the wait. I cannot even begin to imagine what next year is going to be like. Is there anyway to know where you stand on the waitlist without directly asking "Hey what number am I, is it even worth trying?". Crossing my fingers for the next week.