Waitlisters: Do we keep sending update letters till classes start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should we still send out update letters showing our interest to their school? Do admission people still consider it? i have been already updating my school for a while now, and I feel like there is nothing more to update now. i mean i'm not doing anything freaking exciting every single month..i'm just still volunteering at the same place, and doing the research that I have been doing for the past year. its becoming a challenge now to write a full page update letter.
What are some of the things you guys have been writing about in your letter?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it's worth updating them every month. I do think a letter every month expressing your interest is good though. But I say interest, you say update....I don't know if there is a difference.

The advisors at my school advise strongly against sending monthly updates. If you have something worth updating about - then go for it. But annoying the admissions office monthly when you have nothing to say is just going to hurt you.

wow, i wish someone had advised me like this. i sent almost monthly updates last year, with no results. in fact the school in question didn't even send me an official rejection at the end of the summer...