Waitlisters Unite! 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrivenDPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because (indefinite) misery loves company, I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to commiserating our waitlist status. I'm doing my best to stay positive, while also planning for the worst...it's a delicate balance. Let's survive the next few months of roller coaster emotions together! :laugh: :confused: :vomit: :whistle: :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I’ve been waitlisted at Methodist University and University of Pittsburgh so fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
I've been waitlisted at Univ of MD Baltimore and "my application is still being reviewed" by UMES since October....trying to stay positive!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted at CMED. Just interviewed at MSUCOM, waiting on a response. Hoping and praying I don't have reapply next year.

Good luck to all waitlisters!

So glad to be surrounded by people like me! :) haha

Currently waitlisted at:
UNF
USF
ADVENTIST

And still waiting to hear back from FGCU, FIU, and NOVA (FLL).

Best of luck to us!

So glad to be surrounded by people like me! :) haha

Currently waitlisted at:
UNF
USF
ADVENTIST

And still waiting to hear back from FGCU, FIU, and NOVA (FLL).

Best of luck to us!

Waitlisted at:
Creighton University
University of Saint Mary (Kansas) (#9)

Haven't heard from: Franklin Pierce (AZ) or University of Oklahoma.

The wait is killing me. Did you get a waitlist position???

Waitlisted at: Creighton University, MUSC, Wash U St. Louis, and Des Moines University
Have an interview this Friday at Bellarmine University
Haven't heard from: Duke, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Good luck to everyone!!

Waitlisted at TWU Houston! So far still waiting lol

I feel much more at home in this thread haha. Waitlisted at Rocky Mountain. Waiting to hear from Nazareth in Rochester.

Waitlisted at:
Creighton University
University of Saint Mary (Kansas) (#9)

Haven't heard from: Franklin Pierce (AZ) or University of Oklahoma.

The wait is killing me. Did you get a waitlist position???

Do you mind sharing your stats?!

Waitlisted at: Creighton University, MUSC, Wash U St. Louis, and Des Moines University
Have an interview this Friday at Bellarmine University
Haven't heard from: Duke, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Good luck to everyone!!

Do you mind sharing your stats? !

Do you mind sharing your stats?!
I don’t know my exact stats for everything but ....
Overall GPA 3.63
Science GPA around 3.0
Pre-req GPA around 3.2
Letters: 2 PT, 1 professor, 1 employer
Experience: 1,000+ hours in outpatient, inpatient, home heath, neuro
Extra curricular: pre-pt club Vice President, rec volleyball

I think that’s most of it.

Waitlisted at UNE and Thomas Jefferson.
I still haven’t heard from NSU, UF and Arkansas State (they send out acceptances in March)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking the next major movement on the wait list will probably happen in March when interviews are wrapping up for most schools. After that, the end of April, when you can't hold more than one acceptance. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking the next major movement on the wait list will probably happen in March when interviews are wrapping up for most schools. After that, the end of April, when you can't hold more than one acceptance. What do you guys think?
When I called to find out when would I get an update that’s exactly what they told me.

Do you mind sharing your stats? !
Of course!
University of Iowa majoring in Human Physiology w/ minors in Spanish and Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.44
Pre-req GPA: 3.3 (depends on school)
GRE: 158 Q, 152 V, 4.0 W

Experience: 90 hours volunteer at UIHC hospital, 120 observation hours in wide variety of settings, currently volunteering 5 hours/week as PT Tech

Extra-curricular: 4 leadership positions within my sorority; 4 year participant and family representative for University of Iowa Dance Marathon; Pre-PT club

LOR: 2 PT, 1 Professor, 1 Supervisor

**edit for waitlist update**
Waitlist/Alternate list for: University of Michigan (#23)University of Toledo, University of Dayton, and Oakland University, Indiana State U (#11)

I had to turn down an interview with Brenau because I was going to be on a trip abroad during the interview times they gave me and didn’t respond to my question of doing a phone or Skype interview. I’m also waiting on a response for Hampton University.

Really, trying to stay positive, but I'm already trying to figure out what I can do to improve my app.

Last edited:
upload_2018-2-10_9-33-29.jpeg

even get into medical school

Was just waitlisted at Washington University in St Louis yesterday ... I'm extremely doubtful about a spot opening up, which is a bummer because they are my first choice.

I'm glad this thread gives me a place to post something at least! :) I hope everybody here gets some good news in the next month.

Waitlisted at:
Regis
University of Washington

Blerg.

I was waitlisted at the University of Colorado last week. I was pulled from the waitlist for an interview 4 days before my interview, so hoping to get pulled off of this one as we’ll hoping to hear something soon!

Guys don’t lose hope! I was waitlisted at two different programs right after interviewing and I just received my first acceptance from one of them this past Monday. I will be attending UNE this fall.

Good luck to all of you!

Guys don’t lose hope! I was waitlisted at two different programs right after interviewing and I just received my first acceptance from one of them this past Monday. I will be attending UNE this fall.

Good luck to all of you!
Congratulations!

Waitlisted: Neumann University

Still waiting to hear back: Alvernia, Scranton, Seton Hall

I am waitlisted at ODU, Radford. As of now I am planning on going to Lynchburg (I've paid that deposit), unless I get into a public school. Still haven't heard anything from VCU either.

From what I have heard from current students and even a PT that I shadowed, it is very likely that the schools you are waitlisted at will accept you.

One of my friends was waitlisted at all 3 schools he applied to and ended up being accepted to all 3.

He also told me that at least 1/3 of his current DPT class was waitlisted at that school.

STAY POSITIVE!

Reactions: 7 users
I was waitlisted at Bellarmine. I will be attending Murphy Deming.

Did you receive an email stating you were on the waitlist or that they were still looking at your application? Congrats on attending murphy!

Did you receive an email stating you were on the waitlist or that they were still looking at your application? Congrats on attending murphy!
I got email yesterday saying they were still considering my application but I kind of took it as I was waitlisted.

I'm currently waitlisted at Marymount, ODU, and Lynchburg :nailbiting: Still waiting to hear from GW (interviewed there on 12/4), VCU, and Murphy Deming. Good luck to all of us!!

Being on the waitlist was EXCRUCIATING, so I'm glad there's so much support on this site. I hope everyone starts to hear back soon! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Applied
: USC, Chapman, Samuel Merritt, CSULB, Northridge
Waitlisted at literally every program I applied to: USC (2/16), Chapman (2/2), Samuel Merritt (#38, 1/16), CSULB (High Tier, 1/15), Northridge (#84, 1/19)
Accepted: USC (3/6)!!:soexcited:

Being on the waitlist was EXCRUCIATING, so I'm glad there's so much support on this site. I hope everyone starts to hear back soon! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Applied
: USC, Chapman, Samuel Merritt, CSULB, Northridge
Waitlisted at literally every program I applied to: USC (2/16), Chapman (2/2), Samuel Merritt (#38, 1/16), CSULB (High Tier, 1/15), Northridge (#84, 1/19)
Accepted: USC (3/6)!!:soexcited:
WOW! CONGRATS!!!!!! May I ask your stats please?

WOW! CONGRATS!!!!!! May I ask your stats please?

University: UC Berkeley
Major: Nutritional Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.63
GRE: 156V, 157Q, 4.5AW

Extra-Curric: Myopia research (2 years), Dragon Boat (4 years, 1 year as coach), SURF Research Fellow, Undergrad student instructor for Physiology lab, Lab Assistant at Science Hall (2 years)

Observation: PT Aide at an outpatient practice (~2000 hours, Current), Volunteer in Children's Hospital inpatient pediatric rehab (28 hours), Volunteer in outpatient Sports Medicine (21 hours), Volunteer at SNF (45 hours), Volunteer at outpatient practice (84 hours)

LOR: 1 PT, 1 Professor (myopia research), 1 employer

Waitlisted at NAU, Franklin Pierce (AZ), Midwestern (AZ)

I’ve been waitlisted at Methodist University and University of Pittsburgh so fingers crossed!
I just got pulled off the waitlist for Methodist University yesterday!

Glad we can all share the waiting stress! Is anyone stuck waiting for their top choice even with another acceptance? Don’t get me wrong I’m very thankful to be accepted somewhere, but of course my top choice I want to wait for. Problem is my top choice starts months later so I don’t know if I’ll hear in time....anyone else in a similar position? So hard to stay patient!

Glad we can all share the waiting stress! Is anyone stuck waiting for their top choice even with another acceptance? Don’t get me wrong I’m very thankful to be accepted somewhere, but of course my top choice I want to wait for. Problem is my top choice starts months later so I don’t know if I’ll hear in time....anyone else in a similar position? So hard to stay patient!
I am in your same boat, although slightly different bc I just haven't heard from my top choice regarding a decision post-interview and it's been over a month. Hoping good news will come next week!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile

Wait listed at: Methodist University, University of New England, MGH IHP, and Idaho State!

Idaho State is the dream!

Wait listed at: Methodist University, University of New England, MGH IHP, and Idaho State!

Idaho State is the dream!
Congrates! Did you hear from Idaho State today? Did they tell you your waitlist number/ did you ask your waitlist number?