1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Waitlisters Unite! 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by DrivenDPT, Dec 15, 2017.

1. mnvikings5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Yes, I didn’t get in last year so this year is my 2nd round of apps! During my year off I retook classes and gained more observation hours! Now I’m just working until August when my program starts! Definitely don’t give up if you don’t get in this round, keep trying and improving yourself and your application!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ptdad

I believe significant opportunities remain. In the last 3 weeks my son was admitted to 3 additional programs, including one in the last 3 days. Said another way, he has received more offers in the last 3 weeks than in the preceding 3 months, which is why I believe this is the DPT busy season. Each new offer will be rejected (creating opportunity for another applicant) or will be accepted (creating opportunity at the old program). I know this is stressful, stay positive.

4. delacmic

Waitlisted for Dominican and Gannon :(

5. DPTstud6

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I was just accepted into Chatham University's DPT Program off the waitlist today! Keep up the hope my fellow waitlisters!

#104 DPTstud6, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    mnvikings5 and amlope03 like this.
  6. mnvikings5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Congrats!!!!!!

7. Aeh91

Physical Therapy Student

Thank you thank you thank you! It makes me feel so good that I am not the only one. Really enjoyed reading this.

8. Aeh91

Physical Therapy Student

Congrats! Will you be accepting? Chatham is my top choice and I am currently on the waitlist.

9. DPTstud6

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Yes! I'm putting my deposit down today. Stay positive.

Aeh91 likes this.
  10. chdpt7

DPT / OTD
    can anyone speak about the waitlist at emory?

11. salami96

DPT / OTD
    Just got off the waitlist today at NY Medical College, so for you waitlisted people, there's hope!

12. np3715

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Congrats!! What were your stats like?

13. delacmic

Anyone waitlisted at Dominican college that has gotten accepted yet or heard anything since the initial waitlist email?

14. FuturePT_AK

After applying a few times, I finally got accepted to a program yesterday! And I was pulled off a waitlist. Keep the hope alive everyone!

Aeh91 and mnvikings5 like this.
  15. mnvikings5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Congratulations!!

16. salami96

DPT / OTD
    not good haha, like 3.1 overall and 2.9 pGPA, but i had over 800 hours of volunteering and researched at NYU's hospital

17. Dpt0123

Hey guys! I was originally denied at a school in Florida but just recieved a call this past week and was asked if I would like to undergo another review because they had spots open up. Not sure if they even have a waitlist but was not on that. I was accepted the next day and classes start in two weeks! Don’t lose hope this may happen to you!! Good luck everyone

mnvikings5 likes this.
  18. QueenSugar14

Physical Therapist
    Congrats! Do you mind sharing what Florida school?

#117 QueenSugar14, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  19. gronkypatty

2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Currently waitlisted at Southwest Baptist, Wheeling Jesuit, Touro University, CSULB, Gannon University and actually still haven't heard back MCPHS. FINGERS CROSSED!

mnvikings5 likes this.
  20. thebrodie

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I was waitlisted at Bellarmine back in February and was told by some friends in the program that getting on the list means I'd have a great chance at getting in but unfortunately I wasn't. Pretty bummed but guess I'll just have to go for round 2

21. amlope03

Physical Therapy Student
    Maybe it’s a good thing! Bellarmine is crazy expensive.

22. thebrodie

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Haha yeah it is, but both my sister and brother in law went through the program a few years ago so it would be cool to go there. Also I’m having an impossible time finding a tech job so some security would be cool

23. dptmel

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I am a bit delayed on updating here but I got a spot at University of Washington earlier this month. So it can happen still! Stay hopeful everyone.

CooJJ likes this.
  24. CooJJ

Congrats!! Was this one of your top choices? Would you be able to tell me more about their program? I can't seem to find much info on their website or on the internet period about this program; butttt I am I love Seattle and want to move out there.

25. ES5

ES5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Waitlisters! Keep the faith!

I just got my first acceptance yesterday and Also found out that I’m #1 on the waitlist for my top choice.

Keep the faith! All of us (from what I have seen on this forum) deserve to get a spot! You will!

mnvikings5 and ThatKidKate like this.
  26. dptmel

Pre-Physical Therapy
    It was one of my top choices. I like that it is part of big Med School and you take classes with P&O and OT students as well. For me personally learning to be part of an interdisciplinary team seems very practical and is a huge plus. They also are part of a group of hospitals in the Seattle area so you get to do integrated clinical education throughout the program in a variety of settings. I also like that their clinical instructors are credentialed through the APTA. One place I interviewed said they mainly use their alumni network when selecting CIs and I had some reservations with that approach.

27. Ham-ped

DPT / OTD
    Makes me feel so much better--so funny applications open again in like a month so gotta be ready for both

28. Aeh91

Physical Therapy Student
    Just got accepted form University of Arkansas. Still waitlisted at Chatham. KEEP YOUR CHINS UP!!!

mnvikings5 and DPTstud6 like this.
  29. s187569

Pre-Physical Therapy
    WOW CONGRATS!!!!!! :)

30. dannymangs

Pre-Physical Therapy
    EVERYONE LISTEN!! I pray you do not make the same mistake i have made regarding wait lists. CHECK YOUR CLUTTER MAILBOX!!!
    I have been wait listed for FIU the past 5 months and only just saw that a supplemental application fee of only 30$ was needed to have my app reviewed by the panel. I only hope that everyone sees this

drose234 likes this.
  31. dpt4

There is a God!
    Heres some hope for those of you who have a low GRE!! I was recently accepted into Creighton University's DPT Program.

Major: Kinesiology Exercise Science
    Undergrad: University of Kentucky
    GPA: 3.67
    Science: 3.4
    Hours: 1000+
    LOR: Two therapists and my exercise physiology teacher
    GRE: 297 Writing 3.5

Applied to: Bellarmine, UK, Andrews, Creighton, Marymount, Seton Hall, Elon, Emory, MCPHS, South College
    Rejected: Elon, Emory, South College
    Waitlisted: Bellarmine, UK, Andrews, Marymount, Seton Hall, Creighton, MCPHS
    Accepted: Creighton

Advice when looking at schools:
    Really look at your application and compare your success to the requirements of each and every school. If it falls close to the averages listed by the school ...add that school to your list ! Then look at that list as a whole and compare other statistics such as how many students they take out of state vs in state. Most schools lean a certain way which can either be totally in your favor or the complete opposite. Lastly look at the price and if it is even a school you would consider going to knowing the previous information. That is how I got waitlisted at 7/10 schools by strategically applying.. If your end goal is to become a PT and you are open to going anywhere you can get into-- (i was a second year applicant) -- I highly recommend making a spread sheet or something and breaking down each program accordingly !

drose234 likes this.
  32. SATXDPT

Physical Therapy Student
    I love it! Did you just get accepted in July for a program that begins in August? Dreams do come true! Congratulations!

33. bc0167

5+ Year Member

So what are your thoughts on the $142,000 price tag? Have you done the math for payback? Not discouraging but seriously looking into whether I could step out of the $100k box...

amlope03 likes this.
  34. Ham-ped

DPT / OTD
    Never thought it would happen, but just got off a wait-list for a program that starts end of August! Franklin Pierce in NH
    #completelycaughtoffguard

SATXDPT likes this.
  35. bc0167

5+ Year Member

Super congrats! Just completed 11 applications for 2nd cycle. Waitlisted at two schools now. Had you already begun dishing out the bucks on apps this season yet? Would you terribly mind sharing your stats?

36. Ham-ped

DPT / OTD
    I am/was currently working on my second round of 10-13 applications. Luckily I have not hit submit anywhere or sent my GRE/transcripts yet.
    Overall GPA: 3.3
    Pre-req GPA: 3.1 (not incredible...)
    GRE: 306 combined
    Shadowing: 50 hours (2 loc)
    PT Tech: 2500 hours
    Athletic Assistant: 2 years

Honestly stoked I got in seeing as my grades are my weakest point, but just proof that it can happen despite barely meeting the minimums!

37. MBPB

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I got waitlisted this last week at St. Ausgustine - San Marcos for their 2018 fall start

38. mrdpt9000

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Accepted to Mount Saint Mary's University LA 2 weeks ago. Will be giving up my spot at West Coast University soon.

39. dpt4

Yes. Everyone's situation is a little bit different when applying! Good luck to you and your future success !

40. dpt4

YES ! Orientation is August 12-17 and school starts the 20th!
    I literally had my entire application filled out July 5th when it opened.. and got accepted July 6th before I hit submit! Everything works out for a reason!!

41. SATXDPT

Physical Therapy Student
    I can tell you that I decided to attend a private university only because it was in my home city and I can live at home rent free. When I did the math, the difference between a private university at home and a public (Texas) university plus cost of living was under $20k. My stats weren't that fabulous, so the chance of getting into a public university in the next cycle were not high and I would probably spend more $$ on retaking courses. In the end, I decided getting into school a year earlier would easily offset those $20k with my first year of PT salary.

dpt4 likes this.
  42. Mcdrew1023

Phew! What a great thread to be a part of! Being waitlisted has really tested my patience, to say the least, lol. I was tier 3 on CSU Long Beach's waitlist, and I'm currently waitlisted at Samuel Merritt. Unfortunately, it's been a no-go from all other programs I applied to. As of the last update, I'm number 7/121 on the waitlist and this is my top choice school (and second time applying!) It can technically be anytime between they initially sent out the admissions decisions emails in late January up until the program starts in mid-September that us waitlisters hear anything. I've been keeping my fingers and toes crossed for some time now. Congrats to everyone who made it in!

drose234 likes this.