Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Waitlisters Unite! 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by DrivenDPT, Dec 15, 2017.

1. OfficerFig

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Update: accepted to Rocky Mountain university! It happened the same week I reached out to a PT about returning to volunteering and signed up for 2 Bio classes because I had resigned myself to applying again next year. Hoping hard for all y'all.

IL2021 and PassionateDPT21 like this.
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SATXDPT

Physical Therapy Student
    Take Heart
    by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

When our souls are filled with fear,
    When the path is dull and drear,
    When the wind is chill and strong,
    When the way is rough and long.

Take heart!

When vague terror fills our breast.
    When forebodings break our rest,
    When we search for any light
    In the black encircling night,

Take heart!

When with feeble hands we grope
    For some faint elusive hope.
    When we wander hand in hand,
    Through the gloomy twilight land.

Take heart!

Courage, comrade! Courage still!
    We will breast the weary hill!
    Hand in hand we scale the height,
    Till we reach the golden light.

Take heart!​

Waitlisters, do not lose hope. Many schools will not finalize their cohorts until weeks before their start date. Keep busy, try to think positive thoughts. I got my acceptance late last June and am currently in my second semester. Remember, the pool is gradually getting smaller and smaller. The people above you on the wait list have probably accepted other offers. All they can do now is shuffle the deck and hope to match each seat to a qualified student. Some students are hanging on to multiple offers (jerks!) and will soon have to let go. Don't be afraid to email your top school and tell them that you will accept unconditionally if they offer you a seat. Admissions directors hate to be jerked around by students who have multiple offers and wait until the last minute to make a decision.

4. aer258

Pre-Physical Therapy
    waitlisted at Mount St. Joseph University
    I received rejection letters from the other schools I applied to and MSJ is/has been my top choice, so hopefully they will still have spots available! Trying to remain optimistic, but as time goes on I'm starting to lose hope. :(

5. ThatKidKate

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Don't lose hope! I've been told that April/May is the time where there is a lot of wait list movement because people are holding onto multiple spots and are forced to make a decision. Keep your head up!

mnvikings5 and DPTstud6 like this.
  6. DPTstud6

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Waitlisted at UPitt, Chatham U, Lynchburg and Wingate. Really hoping I land an acceptance from at least one! Good luck to all the other waitlisters.

7. dpt4

when did you hear something from wingate?

8. DPTstud6

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I received an email back in August that they received my application and that it would be reviewed. Following that I've received three emails from Oct.-Dec. saying it's still under review. I know some people have gotten acceptances so I'm assuming I'm technically on the waitlist. Have you not heard anything?

dpt4 likes this.
  9. Dpt0123

I have been waitlisted at DeSales, Widener and Alvernia

10. FEDZ94

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Applied: University of St. Augustine, University of Florida, George Washington DC, MGH IHP, MCPHS, University of Rhode Island.
    Waitlisted: MGH IHP (#1) , University of Rhode Island and University of Florida
    Denied: GWU

Still Waiting to hear back from St Augustine which I interviewed at 3/16 and MCPHS.
    Anyone waitlisted at MGH IHP that has gotten accepted yet or heard anything since the initial waitlist email??

11. FEDZ94

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Have you heard anything from MGH IHP's DPT waitlist?

12. cooperscastle

Pre-Physical Therapy
    When did you interview at MCPHS?

13. Teapo 79

Waitlisted at LIU Brooklyn and SUNY Downstate. Yay^2.

14. Lapis

I applied to 3 programs (couldn't apply to much more sadly), waitlisted from two and rejected from one. I have really average stats so I was glad to even have been waitlisted from some programs. Earlier this month, one of the programs I was waitlisted from e-mailed me saying their class was already decided and that they wouldn't be going very far into their waitlist. At that point I pretty much lost hope of getting into a program this cycle and started to dread having to prepare to re-apply all over again, re-take GREs, etc. Then today while at work I received a call from Stony Brook University informing me of an opening in their program, which I accepted in a heartbeat! Stony was my #1 choice so I am really stoked to be given the opportunity to attend.

I hope everyone who has been waitlisted from a program ends up getting in somewhere! Waiting was torturous - there wasn't a day I didn't think about whether I'd get an offer or not. Everyone kept telling me to not lose faith because a lot of waitlist movement happens around this time of year as people drop their spots, so here's to wishing other people on waitlists here are offered spots too. Best of luck to everyone!

15. FEDZ94

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I haven't :/ I applied really late maybe 2 weeks before their deadline and I think it was a waste of money because I haven't heard anything from them.
    Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Since I got wait listed at my number one and I was worried about getting into USA.. I saw that MCPHS was still accepting apps and I applied without realizing they had rolling admission.

mnvikings5 likes this.
  16. mnvikings5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Waitlisted at: Lynchburg and Wash U St. Louis
    Interviews : South College(3/1), U of St Augustine(declined interview - hidden blended program), U of Jamestown (4/21)
    Accepted: South College (3/10) - declined because I realized a blended program wasn't for me
    Haven't heard from: American International College, ETSU, Southwest Baptist, and Wingate

Pretty anxious to hear back from other schools. I actually applied to some last year but ended up retaking classes to prove I deserve to get into a program! I am dedicated to this career. It is very stressful, and I hope all people on waitlists like me get in somewhere!! :)

dpt4 likes this.
  17. Em.es.qew.

Hey,

When do you get waitlisted to WashU? And have you heard anything since? Thanks!

18. mnvikings5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    February 9th! I haven't heard anything since then.

19. IL2021

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I also was waitlisted at Wash U and if you call them they will tell you what number you are on the waitlist!

mnvikings5 likes this.
  20. Em.es.qew.

Hi,

Were you waitlisted for WashU this cycle when they informed you of your position? I thought they only used rankings. Thanks!

mnvikings5 likes this.
  21. IL2021

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Yes, I was waitlisted in November! They give you your ranking number, but if you call them they will tell you your actual position on the waitlist.

22. Em.es.qew.

In your opinion, do you believe the waitlist was moving pretty swiftly with spots opening? Also, do you have an idea of how big they make their waitlist? Congratulations on getting off the waitlist! Is that where you're committed to? :)

#71 Em.es.qew., Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  23. cooperscastle

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Is anyone waitlisted at MCPHS or is it just me... ? Haha

24. dpt94

Anyone here anything back from Mt St Marys University in LA?
    Was waitlisted a couple months ago

25. aer258

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I got my acceptance from MSJ!!! Yay for being taken of what felt like the never ending waitlist!

ThatKidKate and mnvikings5 like this.
  26. mnvikings5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Congratulations!! When were you waitlisted?

27. np3715

Pre-Physical Therapy
    hey congrats on your acceptance!! stony is a great school and is on my list. What were your stats like?

28. aer258

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I was waitlisted starting at the end of January and have heard back from their updates saying I was still on the waitlist continuously and have contacted them a few times asking. I just got my acceptance yesterday!

mnvikings5 likes this.
  29. s187569

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Anyone hear any kind of waitlist movement from Western University in Pomona, CA?!?!

30. Ham-ped

DPT / OTD
    I am wait listed at MSMU and Franklin Pierce and still have not heard anything from Northeastern. Anyone on here here back from any of these?

31. Teapo 79

I'm now waitlisted at LIU Brooklyn, SUNY Downstate and GWU. Rejected from every other school I've applied to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

32. np3715

Pre-Physical Therapy
    What are your stats like and what schools did you get rejected from?

jt128 likes this.
  33. salami96

DPT / OTD
    Waitlisted at New York Medical College and University of the Incarnate Word. Is anyone that was accepted or on these 2 waitlists rejecting their offer?

34. np3715

Pre-Physical Therapy
    What were your stats like?

35. salami96

DPT / OTD
    Not good lol, I didn't start caring about college until my junior year.
    overall gpa: 3.12
    pre req GPA: 2.95
    GRE 307
    volunteering hours: 600+ inpatient/outpatient
    Researched at NYU Langone at the motor and rehabilitation lab

I graduate this year and the thing that really brings down my GPA is chem cause NYU's chem professor is a prick, got a C+. Other than that my sciences are B or above. I'm retaking chem 1 and 2 this summer cause NYMC told me during my interview that chem is their biggest concern.

36. np3715

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Lol of course they look at chem as their biggest one, did you apply anywhere else?

37. arit25

2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Waitlisted for Western U in Pomona and West Coast in LA. No ranking for western and just got my ranking for West Coast is #29. Anyone heard of someone getting in with a ranking similar to mine?? :/

38. Teapo 79

Well, I was accepted off of the waitlist for LIU today. So I guess good things can happen.

mnvikings5 and salami96 like this.
  39. np3715

Pre-Physical Therapy
    What were your stats like?

40. Ham-ped

DPT / OTD
    Is MSMU DPT religious at all? I know the undergrad is, but is the PT program?

41. Teapo 79

Undergrad:
    BS Information Technology/Network Administration

Cumulative: 3.43
    Science: 3.03
    Overall: 3.39

GRE scores:
    V: 153
    Q: 151
    AW: 4

Volunteer/shadowing:
    92 hours inpatient/acute care
    100 hours outpatient

42. ES5

ES5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Hey everyone! So this is my first round of applications and I’ve been placed on 4 waitlists (all of which I am still on up to this point). Im about to finish my Masters degree and am looking at the potential of a year out of school while I apply again. I was just wondering if any of you guys have faced this situation before and what you did to get through it?

I’m also facing several other dilemmas, but I won’t bore you with my problems.

43. salami96

DPT / OTD
    what schools were you listed by? I'm currently on 2 waitlists myself

44. ES5

ES5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Salami96, I am waitlisted at: Idaho State University (#45), University of New England, Methodist University, and Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions.

Idaho State is my top choice and the only wait list, I have encountered, that will disclose their rankings to students. In June their second campus will be gain its accreditation and they are automatically pulling the top 24 students from the wait-list for that campus. With the way that list has been moving, I have a chance. But still....I gotta move quite a bit.

What schools are you wait-listed at? and did they tell you your rank? and is this your first round of applications?

45. salami96

DPT / OTD
    Dude that's great for you, having a new school open up a new campus. if I were you I'd have good feelings about this. And I was waitlisted by New York Medical College and University of the Incarnate Word. They don't release info on their waitlists. NYMC starts 5/31 so I highly doubt I'll make it off the waitlist. I have a better shot at UIW. And yea this is my first round of applications. I'm about to graduate college so if I dont make it in this round I'll retake chem and psych stats since they're my only truly abysmal grade.

46. ES5

ES5

Pre-Physical Therapy

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope we both find our way in. MGH starts in early June, so I've lost hope for that wait-list. In the meantime, I've been trying to find work but I've received push back. PT clinics are wary of hiring me because I'll probably leave relatively quickly (if I were to be accepted). I get it, but I can't help but be a little bitter XD I'm sure I'll find work somewhere, but it better be soon.....because I really don't want to have to move back in with my parents!!! :laugh:

47. salami96

DPT / OTD
    Oh definitely apply to pt clinics, but don't let them know you might leave in the summer if you get off a waitlist. Act as if you'll stay a while there, and if you do get in, just tell them bye haha not like you'll need them again

jt128 likes this.
  48. c_quacker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Applied: Western U, Chapman, LLU, CSULB
    Rejected: Chapman
    Waitlisted: CSULB (high-tier)
    Accepted: Western U and LLU
    Attending: LLU (unless I somehow get accepted to CSULB at this point >_< )

DPTstud6 likes this.
  49. DPTstud6

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Can anyone speak to how much "flux" occurs with programs/ chance seats open up through May?

50. ES5

ES5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    From what I have heard, its going to be different from program to program. In general though, there should be a good amount of movement as people make their final decisions. Take whatever I say with a grain of salt though, this is my first round of apps and I haven't been accepted anywhere yet. Just wait lists.

51. mnvikings5

Pre-Physical Therapy
    UPDATE: keep the hope fellow waitlisters, I was taken off the waitlist yesterday and accepted to SBU! So excited!!!

Interviews : South College(3/1), U of St Augustine(declined interview - hidden blended program), U of Jamestown (4/21)
    Accepted: South College (3/10) - declined position Southwest Baptist (4/27) :)
    Haven't heard from: American International College, ETSU, and Wingate

Waitlisted at Lynchburg, Jamestown, WashU, And SBU until yesterday!

mark_farquad and DPTstud6 like this.