Waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saluki

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have acceptances and waitlists are you going to go to those schools if you get in off the waitlist or are you going to say-"Screw them since they didn't want me in the first place" (or some milder expression of that sort of sentiment)

Just curious :p

Members don't see this ad.

Saluki said:
For those of you who have acceptances and waitlists are you going to go to those schools if you get in off the waitlist or are you going to say-"Screw them since they didn't want me in the first place"

I'm waitlisted, and waiting it out, at my top 3 choices.

Saluki said:
For those of you who have acceptances and waitlists are you going to go to those schools if you get in off the waitlist or are you going to say-"Screw them since they didn't want me in the first place"

I started withdrawing from all waitlists as soon as I had my first acceptance. So I guess I fall more into your second category, although I wouldn't say I felt that strongly about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
ND2005 said:
I'm waitlisted, and waiting it out, at my top 3 choices.

Write update letters to schools you are interested in. I have been told by a dean that they can help you if your close to acceptance...

No, not blowing off my waitlists, I'm actually moving into begging mode while trying to retain as much dignity as possible. :cool:

SanDiegoSOD said:
No, not blowing off my waitlists, I'm actually moving into begging mode while trying to retain as much dignity as possible. :cool:

yeah, pretty much doing the same thing here. you're only going to medical school once ...

BOBODR said:
Write update letters to schools you are interested in. I have been told by a dean that they can help you if your close to acceptance...

I am definitely on that. My current goal is to strike a balance between updating too infrequently (implies you don't like the school that much) and updating too frequently (implies you're a crazy pre-med).