Walgreens clinical interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Music_rx

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview with Walgreens today. It went very well. Only at the end they told me someone will contact me to schedule a second interview which is a "clinical interview". Does anybody know what kind of questions they ask in a clinical interview? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on getting an interview with Walgreens! Sorry, I don't know anything about their interview process. But I was wondering how that job you got back in December 2018 turned out. You were disappointed with the low pay, which was supposed to be bumped up after a couple months and people were recommending you use it as a stepping stone so you could confidently look for other jobs after a while. Are you still with that independent? Learn a lot? Like it or is it brutal? Did they follow through with a pay increase? Still deliver pizzas on a Friday night? Sorry if these are intrusive questions -- I just hope everything's going well for you.

Reactions: 1 user
I had an interview with Walgreens today. It went very well. Only at the end they told me someone will contact me to schedule a second interview which is a "clinical interview". Does anybody know what kind of questions they ask in a clinical interview? Thank you.

This must be new.

Members don't see this ad :)
walgreens has 3 phases of interview process.

WAGS just announced no raises again for 3rd year running, and are about to drop salaries and cut help.....be careful.

walgreens has 3 phases of interview process.

Worked with them for four years and nobody I know of had a clinical interview.

My interview was with a store manager followed by a less formal meeting with the DM.

But they checked up on our knowledge with fake calls and consults. Met a DM later from Rite Aid that said he did this all the time w his pharmacists. Amazing how they have time for that sort of thing

It’s true about second “clinical interview”. Not sure if this is a new thing or what the question entails ...

It’s true about second “clinical interview”. Not sure if this is a new thing or what the question entails ...

Weird. I got hired relatively recently and that wasn’t a thing. What are the questions like?

I heard they have someone time how many scripts you can verify within an hour while putting every phone call on hold then ask you one clinical question at the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I also heard they ask for a 2 year commitment WITHOUT a sign on bonus ...for certain markets.
Is that the new normal ?

2 year commitment while they can deep six your ass in a nanosecond.

What a joke.

Reactions: 3 users
2 year commitment while they can deep six your ass in a nanosecond.

What a joke.

Commitment ? to what exactly? Floating all over to get your 64 or less hours and 48$/hr pay rate? Lower PTO, no bonuses...or RAISES!...... commitment..my sack.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really dont understand why these companies WASTE so much time and money during the interview/hiring phase..... do they really believe they are going to find some amazing pharmacist out there using the mindless corporate interview routine? My old DM hired me over the phone from CO ( i was in FL), we spoke at length, some questions, but he dug mostly into ME and what i had done, what i was about....almost no behavioral/situational nonsense. he chose wisely. And probably saved a ton of time and money in the process. lol.

Reactions: 2 users
So op...... How did it go? We’re you stumped or did you rock it? I’m dying to know what the clinical question was

They ask "if you were a drug what drug would you be"

I also heard they ask for a 2 year commitment WITHOUT a sign on bonus ...for certain markets.
Is that the new normal ?

I'll commit to wackin off in the john every hour while i fantasize about a life that does not so closely resemble hell.......lmao commit ? in this climate, they are lucky anybody cares anymore......

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations on getting an interview with Walgreens! Sorry, I don't know anything about their interview process. But I was wondering how that job you got back in December 2018 turned out. You were disappointed with the low pay, which was supposed to be bumped up after a couple months and people were recommending you use it as a stepping stone so you could confidently look for other jobs after a while. Are you still with that independent? Learn a lot? Like it or is it brutal? Did they follow through with a pay increase? Still deliver pizzas on a Friday night? Sorry if these are intrusive questions -- I just hope everything's going well for you.
Thank you. I am still working at that independent pharmacy with the same pay rate of $40/hour. They treat me like family and the owner is very sweet but the low pay and lack of any benefits made me look elsewhere. I got hired part time at a compounding pharmacy which pays $10/hour more. I am not in the pizza delivery business anymore! Not intrussive at all. I appreciate your interest to follow up on me.

So op...... How did it go? We’re you stumped or did you rock it? I’m dying to know what the clinical question was
They said someone will contact me within one week to schedule the second interview. I have not been contacted yet. I will post the clinical questions here after the interview.

They ask "if you were a drug what drug would you be"

Whichever one causes explosive diarrhea........lol copaxone? something like that, been years....

I'll commit to wackin off in the john every hour while i fantasize about a life that does not so closely resemble hell.......lmao commit ? in this climate, they are lucky anybody cares anymore......

Haha - is that American Beauty? Kevin Stacy right?

I love using a line from that movie. When people don’t remember who I am I say “it’s ok, I wouldn’t remember me either”

There is one stark difference between what he said and you said though. He said he would retire to the men’s room once a day - you said once an hour.. holy smokes dude! Your a monster!

Last edited:
Whichever one causes explosive diarrhea........lol copaxone? something like that, been years....

Irinotecan - “I-ran-to-the-can”..... that is how I remembered that when I went to school. I don’t think copaxone is a cancer drug... is it? Who knows...

• Haha
Irinotecan - “I-ran-to-the-can”..... that is how I remembered that when I went to school. I don’t think copaxone is a cancer drug... is it? Who knows...

Legend lmao

No alzheimers or parkinsons....?one of them,...

Haha - is that American Beauty? Kevin Stacy right?

I love using a line from that movie. When people don’t remember who I am I say “it’s ok, I wouldn’t remember me either”

There is one stark difference between what he said and you said though. He said he would retire to the men’s room once a day - you said once an hour.. holy smokes dude! Your a monster!

lol, yeah it's been a minute, but thats the movie..... "it's never too late to get it all back".....

So what would they even do if you quit? There is nothing to hold you to working an at will job.
blackball you from working in the company again - the florida school system does something similiar to keep teachers in less than desirable areas - but I think it is three years before you can transfer, or you can never teach in Florida again.

Thank you. I am still working at that independent pharmacy with the same pay rate of $40/hour. They treat me like family and the owner is very sweet but the low pay and lack of any benefits made me look elsewhere. I got hired part time at a compounding pharmacy which pays $10/hour more. I am not in the pizza delivery business anymore! Not intrussive at all. I appreciate your interest to follow up on me.

That doesn't sound terrible given the current job market. Especially if it's a chill job where you still have energy after the workday to enjoy life and do something other than try to drink the unhappiness away. Up until recently I was stuck around $48/hr in New Jersey (no health insurance, minimal PTO) and I know my coworkers made less. Actually I usually worked for 8 hours for pay, then another 1-3 hours for free, so my effective hourly rate was substantially lower. But I also know it hurts when you read about these people making $60+/hr and you think you should be paid more. At a place that treats you like family, if you ask for a raise, the PIC/owner/manager/HR person might take it as a personal insult and an act of betrayal, so it's important to tread carefully. Did you ever ask for that raise you were kind of promised when you were hired? Or ask if you can get health insurance?

Good luck with that upcoming interview (if it ever got scheduled)! At least you can approach it this time round confidently knowing you'll still be ok even if it doesn't lead to an offer.

For anyone interested in the topic, these are the questions they asked me in my clinical interview.
1. Tell me about your work experiences.
2. Have you done any retail rotations in pharmacy school? Where?
3. Have you done a lot of counseling on OTC products?
4. What are some road blocks to patient adherence? How do you improve patient adherence?
5. Suppose patient lets you know that they are not going to pick up their medications. How will you respond?
6. How do you explain to a patient what a prior authorization is?
7. What options would you give patients if their PA is taking too long?
8. Give me a situation where you were presented with an ethical situation. What did you do?
9. Give me a situation where you had to interfere to improve patient outcome.

Interview was very conversational and laid back. It took 30 minutes to complete.

For anyone interested in the topic, these are the questions they asked me in my clinical interview.
1. Tell me about your work experiences.
2. Have you done any retail rotations in pharmacy school? Where?
3. Have you done a lot of counseling on OTC products?
4. What are some road blocks to patient adherence? How do you improve patient adherence?
5. Suppose patient lets you know that they are not going to pick up their medications. How will you respond?
6. How do you explain to a patient what a prior authorization is?
7. What options would you give patients if their PA is taking too long?
8. Give me a situation where you were presented with an ethical situation. What did you do?
9. Give me a situation where you had to interfere to improve patient outcome.

Interview was very conversational and laid back. It took 30 minutes to complete.

Did they extend offer yet or ?