Walgreens Email Offer Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bubblewrap

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had an interview with Walgreens last week and got an email offer letter 2 days after the interview. I accepted the offer (the offer expired next month but I wanted to start working asap so I accepted it without hesitation). I haven't heard back from anybody, since then.
The job I was offered is a few hours away from my hometown, so I would have to move. I don't want to start moving now because I don't have anything that will guarantee me the job because as far as I know they can rescind the offer. There are a few Walgreens in that city and I don't even know which one will be my store.
Is this all just a waiting game? When will I hear back? :boom:

Members don't see this ad.

You have to stay on top of them or it will take forever. You still have background check and drug testing. You may start training in about a month if you push things along.

Bubblewrap,

I was in an exact situation like you with Walgreens. I emailed the DM twice a month and after several months, I gave up and took another job offer. It turned out my DM was transferred to another district, but this DM did not take any effort to communicate with me.

It seems this is a common issue with Walgreens and it is in your best interest to bother them until you get a word from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys! I contacted the DM and just did my drug test. I hope things will move a long quickly. :)

Here's a stupid question. The offer came with a sign-on bonus. In the email they sent me, it had a link on it to fill the incentive application for the sign on bonus. I filled out the application. But now I do not want the bonus, what should I do?

Here's a stupid question. The offer came with a sign-on bonus. In the email they sent me, it had a link on it to fill the incentive application for the sign on bonus. I filled out the application. But now I do not want the bonus, what should I do?
Put the bonus in a savings account with the intent of repaying if you can't honor the terms of the incentive.

Why don't you want the sign on bonus

Well the sign-on bonus comes with a 3 year commitment. I went ahead and applied for it because the person I talked to said it was like a 5K bonus each year and if I end up only doing 2 years there and I have to move away for personal reasons then I would just have to pay back 5K for not doing that 3rd year. I read some posts on here and my friends told me that if I don't do the 3 year commitment then I would have to pay back 15K. I don't wanna screw myself over like that. Three years is a long time and so much can happen.

Last edited:
Hello,

I had an interview with Walgreens last week and got an email offer letter 2 days after the interview. I accepted the offer (the offer expired next month but I wanted to start working asap so I accepted it without hesitation). I haven't heard back from anybody, since then.
The job I was offered is a few hours away from my hometown, so I would have to move. I don't want to start moving now because I don't have anything that will guarantee me the job because as far as I know they can rescind the offer. There are a few Walgreens in that city and I don't even know which one will be my store.
Is this all just a waiting game? When will I hear back? :boom:
If you don't mind me asking, what is the starting pay at Wags for you?

I have seen them prorate and go after the money in employed physician jobs. Still nice to have the money and during the needed time. .versus nothing

Members don't see this ad :)
I have seen them prorate and go after the money in employed physician jobs. Still nice to have the money and during the needed time. .versus nothing
15k before tax is chump change for a long 3 yrs commitment. He makes 10k/4 weeks. Fu3k the money.

Reactions: 3 users
I am no expert but I have heard employers don't usually try going after people for bonuses like that. Anyone have any personal experience with that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
I have heard people on the internet say that this company does go after people for that bonus if the 3 years are not served.

Ugh, a manager told me that if I do fulfill the contract then it would be easier for me to move around to different cities and I may even become a manager after that time period.
The bonus is going to be heavily taxed, so there's no point :dead:

Ugh, a manager told me that if I do fulfill the contract then it would be easier for me to move around to different cities and I may even become a manager after that time period.

15k is not worth the location commitment, unless you like it there. Walgreens in some areas pay 15k more than your area each year.

In my world even 2g is better than nothing. I have huge med school bills to pay off

Yeah, that's what I was feeling when I was talking with the manager, but then I talked it over with a friend. 3 years is a long commitment and if I won't be able to make it then I'll have to pay back 15K, which will add to my financial burden. Plus, the company would be pissed at me for breaking the contract. That would be too much for me to handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have seen where they prorated the return of the sign on bonus. May not be the same at wags. Depends on the contract

Last edited:

Wh... Why would you want to be a "manager" for a corporate pharmacy?

Wh... Why would you want to be a "manager" for a corporate pharmacy?

During the interview, I was told that if I had to move to a different city then it would be easier if I was a manager because managers could go anywhere. Although, I read some posts on here and I gathered that some people are miserable being managers. More responsibilities that are not well compensated by pay.

My conversation with the manager made me feel like it was a good idea at the moment. Given the time to think about it, I feel uncertain about it.

Some of my classmates are excited to become managers though.

Last edited:
I am no expert but I have heard employers don't usually try going after people for bonuses like that. Anyone have any personal experience with that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
I took a three year sign on bonus - left after a year - had to pay the entire amount back (but negotiated an equivalent pay off amount from my next job)

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you guys! I contacted the DM and just did my drug test. I hope things will move a long quickly. :)

Hey! I'm in the same boat and just did my drug test. What were the steps after that? Did the DM reach out to you when they got your results?

During the interview, I was told that if I had to move to a different city then it would be easier if I was a manager because managers could go anywhere. Although, I read some posts on here and I gathered that some people are miserable being managers. More responsibilities that are not well compensated by pay.

My conversation with the manager made me feel like it was a good idea at the moment. Given the time to think about it, I feel uncertain about it.

Some of my classmates are excited to become managers though.

PIC/Manager is a scam.

Pros: more job security
Slightly more pay
Company laptop, phone and car
Cons: way more stress
way more driving
way more responsibilities and problems

I took a three year sign on bonus - left after a year - had to pay the entire amount back (but negotiated an equivalent pay off amount from my next job)

Always wondered. How'd that work with taxes being taken out? Did you need to take the tax hit? (Get 5k bonus but only 3k net but need to pay back 5k)

Always wondered. How'd that work with taxes being taken out? Did you need to take the tax hit? (Get 5k bonus but only 3k net but need to pay back 5k)

You stash it away in your 401K. You can increase your contribution for that pay period. You can also ask them to wait to disburse it until you are eligible for the 401k.

you get to write off what you have to pay back so it is tax neutral