walgreens floaters: how do you get a staff position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know what hospital you're talking about...

Woodlands? Some **** like that...I dunno I closed the page.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh I do now.... we interviewed someone today...you're talking about the brand new facility...right?

You wanna move to North Texas area? We got D&B.... 3 of em.

Yeah, maybe. Hold that thought....you gotta wait for the wife to gradjeeate...which should be kinda soonish...I hope...like before Xmas...

Can you get her a job, too? Or, well, are other around there hiring? I'm open to moving anywhere....convincing her of moving to Texas where it's hotter than balls is something else entirely.

Oh, and Dallas has *4* in the area. Yes, I keep track.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, maybe. Hold that thought....you gotta wait for the wife to gradjeeate...which should be kinda soonish...I hope...like before Xmas...

Can you get her a job, too? Or, well, are other around there hiring? I'm open to moving anywhere....convincing her of moving to Texas where it's hotter than balls is something else entirely.

Oh, and Dallas has *4* in the area. Yes, I keep track.

Your wife shouldn't have difficulties findin a job in Dallas..heck, you can support her until she finds something.

Do they have direct flights to Yinzertown, Columbus, or Charleston, WV? I need to go to at least one or two WVU games a year...I mean...come on...

Dallas has nonstop to everywhere except Bangor Maine...
Ok, no nonstop to Charleston..but there is a nonstop to Columbus for 198 bucks now. Definitely nonstop to Yinzer.

Sweet. This one looks interesting. I guess there is hope for a retail pharmacist wanting to go hospital.

Pharmacist - Day schedule $20,000.00 Sign-On!!!

CHANGE YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE!!! We are working with a 150 Bed Hospital located seeking a full time Clinical/Staff Pharmacist for the Day Shift!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Responsibilities: Interprets physician prescriptions and medication orders for appropriateness. Acts as a drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff and ancillary department personnel. Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related duties. Requires current licensure by State Board of Pharmacy. Prefer one (1) year of acute care experience but will consider new graduate. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with team members required. Must have basic computer skills.

Requirements : Graduate from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy program, and must have current licensure by State Board of Pharmacy. Retail Pharmacists and New-Grads welcome. Director will train motivated individuals wanting to work in Hospital Pharmacy. Schedule: Day shift including every 4th weekend

The amazing benefits package includes: Sign-on Bonus, Relocation, Excellent Pay and Benefits! A loan forgiveness program, employer-matched retirement and more!!!

Please contact Dan Carson @ 972-265-5364 or at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]; or if not reached Reid Moseley @ 972.265.5264 for further details…DON'T WAIT! Call us TODAY!

• Pharmacy Degree required
• State Pharmacist license required
• Computer skills required
• Excellent communication skills required
• Experience in a health care environment preferred
• Day shifts including every 4th weekend
• Holidays as needed

pretty much sums up what many pharmacists see retail

yea but i have my next goal in sight...i have a complete check list of residency i want to apply for, getting in touch with people via contacts, etc....i have that ball rolling pretty well

if my math is right, my loans can be paid off by next spring, enabling me to jump into residency in july (Assuming i get one)

yea but i have my next goal in sight...i have a complete check list of residency i want to apply for, getting in touch with people via contacts, etc....i have that ball rolling pretty well

if my math is right, my loans can be paid off by next spring, enabling me to jump into residency in july (Assuming i get one)

going to ASHP later on this year? i'm planning on checking out the showcase. the only thing that worries me is that east coast residencies (i guess at least the ones that i'm looking at) aren't exactly the most progressive...

going to ASHP later on this year? i'm planning on checking out the showcase. the only thing that worries me is that east coast residencies (i guess at least the ones that i'm looking at) aren't exactly the most progressive...

very tru, im banking on my personal situation being sorted by next year, so i can look at positions farther away

regardless, im a big believer in no matter what you get, its what you make out of it that determines how well you suceed

Do they have direct flights to Yinzertown, Columbus, or Charleston, WV? I need to go to at least one or two WVU games a year...I mean...come on...

no need to fly back to watch football. OU/tx every year at cotton bowl.

Floating rocks the retail world. As a floater, you don't have to deal with nearly the same amount of **** that you would as a regular pharmacist.

As far as getting a store... it's generally based on seniority, and people who used to work for Walgreen's as techs/interns get to keep their seniority, so if they want a store, they will have it before you will. :)