Walgreens hiring!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Old

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard Walgreens is hiring or did hire about 10 grads for Northern Ohio. Can't keep people in Cleveland area either. This is great news for new grads. Didn't know they had that many holes in Ohio. Anyone aware of this many stores lacking a pharmacist?:eek::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I heard Walgreens is hiring or did hire about 10 grads for Northern Ohio. Can't keep people in Cleveland area either. This is great news for new grads. Didn't know they had that many holes in Ohio. Anyone aware of this many stores lacking a pharmacist?:eek::eek:

The eastern half of Ohio has one pharmacy school, which I believe hasn't produced any graduates yet, and it's not a very good school to boot. I'm not surprised that Ohio recently brought on multiple graduates.

Plus, who the **** would want to work in that state after the Eric Cropp debacle?

Walgreens hired quite a few of the new grads from my school. Some of them had to relocate, but none of them had a problem securing jobs. However, I'm in the rural Midwest, and people don't seem to want to move here.

Lol even the grads here don't want to stay. More jobs for me! FARMBOYS UNITE.

Members don't see this ad :)
that district blows, ive heard terrible stories from there

lets just put it another way: there is a reason for the high turnover

The eastern half of Ohio has one pharmacy school, which I believe hasn't produced any graduates yet, and it's not a very good school to boot. I'm not surprised that Ohio recently brought on multiple graduates.

Plus, who the **** would want to work in that state after the Eric Cropp debacle?

neucom blows!!!:laugh:

Walgreens hired quite a few of the new grads from my school. Some of them had to relocate, but none of them had a problem securing jobs. However, I'm in the rural Midwest, and people don't seem to want to move here.

Lol even the grads here don't want to stay. More jobs for me! FARMBOYS UNITE.

Do graduates in your class have trouble securing a residency? I'm more interested in obtaining a job with a hospital rather then retail.

OMG, I just read into that.

news source said:
Cropp was the supervising pharmacist at Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital on Feb. 26, 2006, when pharmacy technician Katie Dudash prepared a chemotherapy solution for Emily Jerry that was 23 percent salt. The formula called for a saline base of less than 1 percent.
The child died on March 1 after slipping into a coma.
As the supervising pharmacist, Cropp had the duty to inspect and approve all work prepared by the technicians before it was given to patients. Dudash agreed to testify against Cropp and was never charged

Ugh, I understand the pharmacist is responsible. But, come on, the tech made a 23% solution AND proceeds to testify against the pharmacist and skips out on any culpability. Makes me sick. Not to mention the fact that he was tried criminally for a medical mistake...

Last edited:
There are several parts of the investigation that bothers me. The fact that there was an empty 250ml bag of NS laying right there kinda gets me. The system being down and labels printing out 3 hours late and the Ohio Board finding "no fault in the work system" bothers me.

Matter of fact, there are a ton of things that bother me about the case, but it's been discussed to death.

Ohio is a place I would avoid at all cost if I were a health care provider.

Here is a good article on whats going on with Eric Cropp now. Sad case and more than enough reason to get out of Ohio if you are a Pharmacist.

http://www.ismp.org/newsletters/acutecare/articles/20091203.asp

as far as i know, OH medicaid reimbursement is pretty good for docs, they like it, say compared to PA, where its peanuts

but I agree, from the stories ive heard, the state board of OH BLOWS, they seem to be out there doing witch hunts