rx1983

2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2014
Status
Pharmacist
Does anyone know what is happening to pharmacy floaters who currently work 80 hours per pay period with the drastic hour cut? My home store is 24 hours and is going to be open 8-midnight M-F 9-6 Sa 10-6 Su starting 9/21. We're 19 days before that and I haven't been told anything! Has anyone in a similar situation been told anything?

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
When CVS did it two years ago, they all got reduced to 30 hours with the exception of the floaters that are really good at their jobs. If I had to guess, there is no direction from corporate and they are letting the DMs/RMs take the heat.

OP
R

rx1983

2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2014
Status
Pharmacist
When CVS did it two years ago, they all got reduced to 30 hours with the exception of the floaters that are really good at their jobs. If I had to guess, there is no direction from corporate and they are letting the DMs/RMs take the heat.
From what I've heard through the rumor mill it sounds like floaters who stay on will get 24 hours per week, 6 shifts per pay period, and might be able to pick up shifts above that. It's just incredible the short notice... I have a 3 month old at home and a wife who isn't quite back to work from maternity leave.

About the Ads

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
Your first mistake is to think that they give a single damn about any of us. We are a means to an end for them. If you work for a large pharmacy corporation, your job is not secure. Period.

fxok425

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Be a fast, nice and helpful pharmacist when you float to other stores. Ask other pharmacists' phone number. In a month you will probably have a great number of connections within Walgreens. Tell the other pharmacist to text you when they need a day off or need a two-day pharmacists. If you are good, when opening comes, Rph managers will ask for you. Our new schedulers turn down our PTO requests and we are struggling to find Rph to switch shifts or cover us.

wucool33

10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
Your first mistake is to think that they give a single damn about any of us. We are a means to an end for them. If you work for a large pharmacy corporation, your job is not secure. Period.

Yeah, my friend spoke to a corporate lawyer once. The lawyer basically told my friend that corporate could give two sh!ts about us. They don't even view us as people, just a number... sometimes even less than that. We are just an obstacle/problem that's preventing them from making more money. Basically we should expect things to get worse.

Reactions: MV777 and Saiyo

Lnsean

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Our new schedulers turn down our PTO requests and we are struggling to find Rph to switch shifts or cover us.

They do that as leverage...not because they don't have anyone.

Source: Been with the company for 7 years and through 4 schedulers.

Reactions: Saiyo
About the Ads