1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Walgreens Interships for US Citizens studying abroad?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by LoKoTe, Apr 11, 2007.

1. LoKoTe

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Hello everyone. I wrote a thread in the Pre-Pharmacy forums asking for input about my decision of going to the Uk for their MPharm and then do 2 years of PharmD here in the US. But I was wondering if Walgreens or any other retail pharmacy offers an intership program for US citizens studying pharmacy abroad or if I'll be able to work as a regular intern? The reason why I wanna do this is because I have from june to september to work in the states every year instead of working in London because living with my family would be cheaper. I worked for walgreens as a cert tech for a year and half but I never asked these questions. Any input would be appretiated.

Other thread --> http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=388998

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pezdispenser

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    The short answer is no.

You will need an intern license from your state pharmacy board. In general, pharmacy interns are:
    a) pharmacy students
    b) pharmacy graduates not yet licensed in that state
    c) foreign pharmacy graduates who are waiting to sit for, or have passed the FPGEE.

If you wish to apply as a pharmacy student, the dean of your college will sign off on your application. Check with your state pharmacy board to see if they will issue intern licenses to foreign pharmacy STUDENTS.