Walgreens' POWER - Increasing Awareness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xinduetimex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Upon conversing with some of my classmates, I found it a bit disturbing that virtually none of them were aware of Walgreens’ POWER system and its short- and long-term implications – an uneasiness magnified by the fact that, at the current rate, >50% of the class will enter the retail sector upon graduation. As a means of increasing awareness of this potentially game-changing initiative, I plan to write an article for my school of pharmacy’s newspaper, and am requesting the knowledge and opinions of the SDN community to provide relatable accounts. I’m aware of the numerous threads related to the subject already present on the board – while they serve as good reading material, my post is to allow those who’re interested in personally contributing to be recognized. If anything, upon completion, I can post the article for distribution.

If interested, PM me. I’ll be bumping this back up periodically. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

not f*cking again...jesus christ on a motorbike

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
confettiflyer said:
not f*cking again...jesus christ on a motorbike

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you don't like the subject.. don't read it. The OP is offering a valuable service in collecting the myriad of disparate posts on this subject into what could be a coherent and cohesive update... it would be useful for the familiar and unfamiliar alike. No need for obscenities.. I look forward to what you come up with, op...

I've read an article about something like Walgreens POWER, but it's with Wal-Mart. Some of the top complaints from customers were: medication errors, damage during shipping, etc.

If you don't like the subject.. don't read it. The OP is offering a valuable service in collecting the myriad of disparate posts on this subject into what could be a coherent and cohesive update... it would be useful for the familiar and unfamiliar alike. No need for obscenities.. I look forward to what you come up with, op...

lol...join date september 2009, no wonder you replied that way :sleep::laugh:

confettiflyer said:

I've read the old posts.. theres allot of misinformation there and it would help to have someone distill it down, as the OP proposes to do. If he/she simply wanted to rehash the old debate I would agree with you.

The website about POWER on the Walgreens intranet is dead. The general consensus in Walgreens is that it might not move forward all too quickly.

yes and no.

When I describe POWER to people outside of Illinois, Arizona and Florida, most of them have never heard of it (these are pharmacists, some who have worked for Walgreens)

It needs to get out there. And if this person is willing to collect the information, more power to them.

yes and no.

When I describe POWER to people outside of Illinois, Arizona and Florida, most of them have never heard of it (these are pharmacists, some who have worked for Walgreens)

It needs to get out there. And if this person is willing to collect the information, more power to them.

I'm curious as to what the rank-and-file Wags pharmacists will do...pharmacy is a notoriously introverted profession. It's not like those pharmacists necessarily a) have a union to go whining to or b) are in a position to make systemic changes.

Those that do are in upper management, and it's in their best interests to increase productivity. If it ultimately saves the company money after you factor in potential pt defections, hours saved, IT support, transportation, potential increased liability from error...then the system will stay.

Upon conversing with some of my classmates, I found it a bit disturbing that virtually none of them were aware of Walgreens’ POWER system and its short- and long-term implications – an uneasiness magnified by the fact that, at the current rate, >50% of the class will enter the retail sector upon graduation. As a means of increasing awareness of this potentially game-changing initiative, I plan to write an article for my school of pharmacy’s newspaper, and am requesting the knowledge and opinions of the SDN community to provide relatable accounts. I’m aware of the numerous threads related to the subject already present on the board – while they serve as good reading material, my post is to allow those who’re interested in personally contributing to be recognized. If anything, upon completion, I can post the article for distribution.

If interested, PM me. I’ll be bumping this back up periodically. Thanks!

Good for you. I hope you get some responses. Every pharmacist and student should be aware of Walgreens efforts to destroy the profession.

The Chicago market Walgreens pharmacists are unionized.

Hello drive-thru pharmacy. Hello HIPAA. Hello "super size my prescription, ma'am/sir".

Last edited: