Walgreens PTO Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raj Wal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, i have few questions in regards to Wags time off.

1. Do i email the scheduler (with name and phone number of wags pharmacist), if another pharmacist is going to cover 2 of my future shifts (for the days i want unpaid time off)?

2. How far in advance should i ask for a 2-3 weeks of vacation (paid/unpaid time off together)?

3. How likely are they to approve 2-3 weeks vacation and for which months am i likely to get that kind of time off?

4. Are the pharmacist getting an raise in October?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

The company is discouraging unpaid time off and now must be approved by the scheduler and by your DM

Walgreens wants you to use your PTO before you use UTO now. You would need to request that much time off in a row a year before. In my district we all choose our vacations in October for the following year. You are more likely to get a couple weeks off in a row if they are not in peak seasons such as holidays or summer. I don't think I have seen a pharmacist get more than two weeks off in a row unless they are pregnant or had some kind of injury.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Walgreens wants you to use your PTO before you use UTO now. You would need to request that much time off in a row a year before. In my district we all choose our vacations in October for the following year. You are more likely to get a couple weeks off in a row if they are not in peak seasons such as holidays or summer. I don't think I have seen a pharmacist get more than two weeks off in a row unless they are pregnant or had some kind of injury.
again - why working for big bussines corportations sucks.

I took a month off earlier this year. Also I know of at least 8 people who have taken 3 weeks or more off in a row. Next year I off one vacation with 2 weeks and another with 3 weeks

Hello, i have few questions in regards to Wags time off.

1. Do i email the scheduler (with name and phone number of wags pharmacist), if another pharmacist is going to cover 2 of my future shifts (for the days i want unpaid time off)?

2. How far in advance should i ask for a 2-3 weeks of vacation (paid/unpaid time off together)?

3. How likely are they to approve 2-3 weeks vacation and for which months am i likely to get that kind of time off?

4. Are the pharmacist getting an raise in October?

Thank you in advance for your help.

No.