Walgreens stars event - customer brought back broke insulin bottle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a student

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, a customer brought back a broken glass of insulin and claimed that they got it like that. I suspected that he was lying because the paper box that the glass was in did not show any sign of ever being wet. We gave the customer a new bottle but I did not report this as a star event. Should I have reported it on the product review pharmacist? If not, how would I account for the $100+ worth of insulin?

Members don't see this ad.

Question 2. Doctor called in freestyle test strips, pharmacist wrote down freestyle test strips, the patient did not fill the meter at our pharmacy. Later patient brought it back opened saying it didn't work, turns out they had freestyle precision neo meter. Was this a stars event? Who was responsible?

I work at a very busy pharmacy and things like this happen almost once a week

Today, a customer brought back a broken glass of insulin and claimed that they got it like that. I suspected that he was lying because the paper box that the glass was in did not show any sign of ever being wet. We gave the customer a new bottle but I did not report this as a star event. Should I have reported it on the product review pharmacist? If not, how would I account for the $100+ worth of insulin?

hint: insulin has a strong smell, someone would have probably smelled it somewhere before dispensing?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No, do not report it unless you can somehow prove that the vial was intentionally dispensed as broken. A good majority of customers are idiots and it was probably end-user error causing the vial to break.

I wouldn't report either of those but I don't work for WAGS either. Just enter the broken vial as damaged inventory, that will account for it. Also what the hell is precision neo? Never heard of it.

I wouldn't report either of those but I don't work for WAGS either. Just enter the broken vial as damaged inventory, that will account for it. Also what the hell is precision neo? Never heard of it.

I think just a cheaper version of freestyle and freestyle lite.

Reactions: 2 users
LOL these are your major issues?

did you try to call insurance for a lost med over ride and waive the copay? lol

Reactions: 1 users

Just call the manufacturer and tell them patient received a defective bottle.

Mysteriously losing C2s and patients complain about receiving broken insulin bottles? Sounds like a terrible pharmacy