WAMC 19AA 3.81 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floss87

Reaction score
Date of submission: 6/6 app verified
Overall GPA: 3.81
Science GPA: 3.81
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 19 AA, 19 TS, 19 bio, 18 gen Chem, 18 orgo, 20 RC, 20QR, 21 PAT
State of Residence: PA

Undergrad Attended:
Ursinus College
Major: Neuroscience
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad?
Yes- 8 year professional dance career

Shadowing Experience: 75 general split among 3 offices; 25 oral surgery
Volunteering Experience: 100+ American Red Cross; 50+ knitting blankets for kids
Employment: 900+ hours oral surgery assistant
Research: 400 hours UPenn summer research on breast imaging; neuroscience directed research at Ursinus college
Other Extracurriculars: leadership- worked as dance teacher/ choreographer
Relevant Honors or Awards: honors every semester; faculty prize for outstanding achievement/scholarship in neuroscience
LOR type and strength: committee letter- highest recommendation they give (compiled of 1 bio teacher/advisor, 1 neuroscience teacher, 1 Spanish teacher, 2 oral surgeons); one individual letter from a general dentist- strong
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
just concerned about my AA and TS DAT scores; Casper score was 2nd percentile (last year I took it as practice for high point uni and scored in highest percentile- so that was disappointing)
School list:

Meharry (realized this was a waste since I’m not a minority)
Temple
Pitt
Penn
Rutgers
Touro
Tufts
Boston University
Uni of Kentucky
Uni of Louisville
University of Tennessee
VCU
Uni of Maryland
Case Western
South Carolina
High point university as a backup- was offered an early commitment interview but did not accept (I would have to withdraw other applications if accepted). I asked to be put on regular decision list instead of early commitment

Members don't see this ad.

Someone correct me if HPU is now eligible for federal loans; I don't think they are since they haven't completed preliminary accreditation. We also are skeptical of not requiring the DAT but requiring the Casper. Not sure how CWRU will view your Casper score.

Check your OOS rates for some of the public schools on your list (looking at Tennessee, Maryland, and South Carolina).

How much outreach to the dental schools outside of Penn have you done? What is your mission fit with Kentucky or Louisville?

Date of submission: 6/6 app verified
Overall GPA: 3.81
Science GPA: 3.81
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 19 AA, 19 TS, 19 bio, 18 gen Chem, 18 orgo, 20 RC, 20QR, 21 PAT
State of Residence: PA

Undergrad Attended:
Ursinus College
Major: Neuroscience
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad?
Yes- 8 year professional dance career

Shadowing Experience: 75 general split among 3 offices; 25 oral surgery
Volunteering Experience: 100+ American Red Cross; 50+ knitting blankets for kids
Employment: 900+ hours oral surgery assistant
Research: 400 hours UPenn summer research on breast imaging; neuroscience directed research at Ursinus college
Other Extracurriculars: leadership- worked as dance teacher/ choreographer
Relevant Honors or Awards: honors every semester; faculty prize for outstanding achievement/scholarship in neuroscience
LOR type and strength: committee letter- highest recommendation they give (compiled of 1 bio teacher/advisor, 1 neuroscience teacher, 1 Spanish teacher, 2 oral surgeons); one individual letter from a general dentist- strong
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
just concerned about my AA and TS DAT scores; Casper score was 2nd percentile (last year I took it as practice for high point uni and scored in highest percentile- so that was disappointing)
School list:
Meharry (realized this was a waste since I’m not a minority)
Temple
Pitt
Penn
Rutgers
Touro
Tufts
Boston University
Uni of Kentucky
Uni of Louisville
University of Tennessee
VCU
Uni of Maryland
Case Western
South Carolina
High point university as a backup- was offered an early commitment interview but did not accept (I would have to withdraw other applications if accepted). I asked to be put on regular decision list instead of early commitment
have you shadowed/volunteered/attended events at any d school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I attended a virtual session with university of Louisville. Is that an important aspect of getting accepted?