WAMC - 3.30 sGPA 3.05BCPM 3.71 OA GPA 508 MCAT - CA Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc333999

Reaction score
1635203223628.png

Hello,

- Title states it all. I graduated two years ago and work full time in the bio industry. I am shooting for DO anywhere and everywhere, I really want to become a doctor and I really do believe in the osteopathic philosophy of medicine. 508 MCAT but got a 123 in CARS, everything else was above 125.

- CC transfer to a University of California (UC) school in southern California. I messed up my first year at CC and my first year at my UC. I was a super senior so my last two years are condensed within the "senior GPA" section. I essentially had all A's with only one B+ in BCPM classes during my last two years at my UC. I truly understood how to be a good student and matured tremendously. Side Note for clarification: I did not take a Post-Bac, I just had two classes that didn't fit into the "Senior Year" section of the calculator (I couldn't create any additional rows) so I was forced to add into that "Post-Bac" section. Please refer to the "Undergrad and Post-Grad Totals". I got this calculator off reddit so I am unsure of accuracy.

- 2 D's and 1 F in community college (retook those classes and got A's in CC) -> tanked my GPA
- one C+ at UC in a BPCM course

- ORM
- over 100 hours of clinical experience at this time and will continue to add
- 300 hours of shadowing experience in 2016 as a scribe
- president in clubs at my UC, chair of a club at my company that deals with altruism and charities
- worked throughout my time in CC and UC

Do I need to do a Post-Bacc? I never realized how abysmal my sGPA and BCPM GPA were because I did really well in other classes that weren't STEM related.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
UIWSOM