Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
21M, ORM
MD resident
cGPA : 3.98, sGPA: 3.98
MCAT: 516 (132/125/130/129) -> 519 (131/127/130/131).
3000 hours clinical ophthalmology research focused on research biomarkers for early disease detection(5 first author presentations at national/international conferences, and 8 2nd author abstracts and 3 3rd author abstracts). 1st author paper that justo got published and another 2nd author paper that will be submitted by secondaries time snd published in ~August .
750 hours clinical volunteering (500 hours from a free clinic im co-director of, got 2 service awards, and 2nd place at a social impact pitch competition for this clinic)
600 hours biomedical device startup for early detection still early stages but we have filed a patent (patent pending status) + beginning clinical trials in <1 week and I have gotten a few awards for this as well (accelerator awards and innovation awards)
300 hours research fellowship focused on SDOH + Public Health (only 4 people selected for it)
300 hours health policy internship with national org aimed at increasing accessibility for testing
200 hours nonclinical volunteering by teaching immigrants and other underserved populations english
300 hours TAing
60 hours shadowing (ophtho + nephro)
400 hours leadership position for a club that I've been in all 4 years of college
LORs: 2 sciences, 1 non science. 1 from research, 1 from free clinic, and 1 from mentor for startup. Should all be good LORs 8/10
Personal Statement : Lots of people said my personal statement was great and I think I wrote it pretty cohesively as well, follows my application's theme of helping the underserved. Average rating i got on it was 8.5-9/10.
School List:
NYU
Harvard
Stanford
Emory
UCSF
JHU
Albert Einstein
Duke
Northwestern
University Of Pittsburgh
Cornell
UMich
Vandy
UMSOM
Dartmouth
Tufts
Georgetown
Drexel
Penn State
Rutgers
NYMC
Wake Forest
Jefferson
UVermont
Virginia Tech
Brown
UMiami
Temple
Big question I have is does only a 3 point increase hurt me, do I still have chances at t20s ? Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated!
MD resident
cGPA : 3.98, sGPA: 3.98
MCAT: 516 (132/125/130/129) -> 519 (131/127/130/131).
3000 hours clinical ophthalmology research focused on research biomarkers for early disease detection(5 first author presentations at national/international conferences, and 8 2nd author abstracts and 3 3rd author abstracts). 1st author paper that justo got published and another 2nd author paper that will be submitted by secondaries time snd published in ~August .
750 hours clinical volunteering (500 hours from a free clinic im co-director of, got 2 service awards, and 2nd place at a social impact pitch competition for this clinic)
600 hours biomedical device startup for early detection still early stages but we have filed a patent (patent pending status) + beginning clinical trials in <1 week and I have gotten a few awards for this as well (accelerator awards and innovation awards)
300 hours research fellowship focused on SDOH + Public Health (only 4 people selected for it)
300 hours health policy internship with national org aimed at increasing accessibility for testing
200 hours nonclinical volunteering by teaching immigrants and other underserved populations english
300 hours TAing
60 hours shadowing (ophtho + nephro)
400 hours leadership position for a club that I've been in all 4 years of college
LORs: 2 sciences, 1 non science. 1 from research, 1 from free clinic, and 1 from mentor for startup. Should all be good LORs 8/10
Personal Statement : Lots of people said my personal statement was great and I think I wrote it pretty cohesively as well, follows my application's theme of helping the underserved. Average rating i got on it was 8.5-9/10.
School List:
NYU
Harvard
Stanford
Emory
UCSF
JHU
Albert Einstein
Duke
Northwestern
University Of Pittsburgh
Cornell
UMich
Vandy
UMSOM
Dartmouth
Tufts
Georgetown
Drexel
Penn State
Rutgers
NYMC
Wake Forest
Jefferson
UVermont
Virginia Tech
Brown
UMiami
Temple
Big question I have is does only a 3 point increase hurt me, do I still have chances at t20s ? Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated!