MD & DO WAMC// 3.6 cGPA and 506 MCAT ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizard123

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please edit your post to match this format and include hours for each activity:

Let us know when you receive your MCAT score back next week.

It does not sound like you have any community service to people less fortunate (like helping refugees, volunteering at a lock soup kitchen etc) so your chances for MD schools will not be good given your lower GPA and the score in your previous attempt.

Please edit your post to match this format and include hours for each activity:

Let us know when you receive your MCAT score back next week.

It does not sound like you have any community service to people less fortunate (like helping refugees, volunteering at a lock soup kitchen etc) so your chances for MD schools will not be good given your lower GPA and the score in your previous attempt.
I recently enrolled in a program to volunteer around the boston community to help with different types of people such as disabled/ homeless however I'll probably only have about 50 hours by the time I apply. I did not know if this was significant enough for me to include which is why I didn't include it in the first place.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently enrolled in a program to volunteer around the boston community to help with different types of people such as disabled/ homeless however I'll probably only have about 50 hours by the time I apply. I did not know if this was significant enough for me to include which is why I didn't include it in the first place.
You should include it, it would help with DO schools still since they are not as interested in research. Research heavy schools tend to have high median stats.

I am at a cross roads right now..... I just got MCAT score back yesterday and I scored a 506 on my second try. Although I had an 11 point increase from my first try, it was a 495..... I have great EC's but nothing amazing..... Do I apply this cycle to lower-tier med schools and mostly DO or retake the MCAT a THIRD time and apply next cycle? Please help!

There is no guarantee you will improve your MCAT score in another year. You are fine to apply in June. You are competitive for all DO schools and I suggest these:
UNECOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM
CUSOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
AZCOM
CCOM
You could receive interviews at some MD schools and I suggest these:
UMass (reach)
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Penn State
Temple
Drexel
Hackensack
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)

Remember MD schools are advised to average all MCAT scores for screening purposes. You are good for DO schools and some MD schools where you may have a good fit with mission and metrics.

You don't give a breakdown of hours and activities sufficiently enough to gauge a mission fit to increase your chances for a successful outcome.