WAMC 3.78 cGPA/ 3.70 sGPA for BU MMEDIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramizkaraeski

Reaction score
Hello, I go to BU and they have program in which they admit 10 students to BU medical school who finished their first semester of sophomore year. Applicant pool is generaly 100-150. I was wondering if I would be considered as a strong applicant? They don’t require MCAT to apply since it’s an early admission program but you have to get 508 if you are admitted.

cGPA: 3.78
sGPA: 3.70

MCAT: none at the moment (currently in 1st semester of sophomore year)

International student from europe

Undergrad: Boston University

Clinical Experience: 150 hours of hospital volunteering: transporting patients in wheelchair, assisting blind patients to find their way, making the bed at ICU, transport specimen, and greet patients in the lobby (providing info about directions and masks)

Research experience:
500 hours of wetlab research for a pharmacology lab in my university that focuses on alzheimer’s disease. They just submitted 1 paper to nature and another one for a top 10 journal in neuroscience 6 month ago. I am included as a 3rd author for both papers.

Shadowing: 100 hours of shadowing for a neurologist in my country.

Non clinical volunteering: 50 hours. committee member for a non profit mentorship org. that gives advice to international pre-med students or current medical students in the U.S.

Members don't see this ad.

The director of the program herself said the program is very open minded to the international students. I also know multiple international students that got in. However, I do not have any shadowing experiences in the U.S.

Members don't see this ad :)
The director of the program herself said the program is very open minded to the international students. I also know multiple international students that got in. However, I do not have any shadowing experiences in the U.S.
I would go with feedback from your director. Otherwise I'd get some experience in the United States from here on out. Get off campus for community service. Mentoring because you want to, but it won't add more value to your application at this point.

Reactions: 1 user