WAMC 3.89 GPA, 511 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheMagicDude

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am aiming for 40-45 MD schools, and 15 DO schools
I would stick with a number closer to the limits covered by your FAP's. Why spend needlessly.... you'll need the money later.

You don't really give a lot of detail to help us experts truly assess your chances. Holistic review relies on the details you have omitted, and admissions is not completely transacted based on metrics alone.

Based on metrics alone, I don't think you have enough service orientation hours for service-heavy schools like Rush, Georgetown, or Loyola.

That said, if you really have an interest in rural health (and grew up in such an environment in Arizona throughout your childhood), your in-state options will Most of the seats at the UArizona campuses are set aside for in-state applicants. With a strong interest in primary care, you should check out NHSC and come into medical school with an external scholarship. You are probably already checking out HPSP if you have USUHS on your list.

This also could help you with schools where you are OOS but have strong rural health tracks. Can you be more specific what you define as your "rural community" that you wish to serve? Rural is different in Wisconsin vs. Appalachia vs. Florida vs. Arizona vs. California.

You have a good DO list. On your MD list you have several state public schools that admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. I suggest these schools from your list:
  1. Loma Linda ✅
  2. UACOM-P ✅
  3. UACOM-T ✅
  4. Creighton University School of Medicine ✅
  5. Albany
  6. Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine ✅
  7. Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center ✅
  8. Drexel University College of Medicine ✅
  9. George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences ✅
  10. Georgetown University School of Medicine (says doesn't screen applicants but subsections below 125 are considered non-competitive).
  11. NYU Long Island School of Medicine (interested in primary care) ✅
  12. Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
  13. Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University ✅
  14. Tulane University School of Medicine ✅
  15. Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science ✅
  16. Saint Louis University School of Medicine ✅
  17. Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University ✅
  18. Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine (donation/ shooting my shot)
  19. Robert Larner, M.D., College of Medicine at the University of Vermont ✅
  20. Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University ✅
  21. Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine (stats kinda low for this)
  22. Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine ✅
  23. Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine ✅
  24. Wake Forest University School of Medicine ✅
  25. Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine ✅
  26. Medical College of Wisconsin ✅
  27. Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine ✅
  28. Wayne State University School of Medicine
  29. Eastern Virginia Medical School ✅
  30. Tufts University School of Medicine (reach) ✅

Reactions: 1 user
I would stick with a number closer to the limits covered by your FAP's. Why spend needlessly.... you'll need the money later.

You don't really give a lot of detail to help us experts truly assess your chances. Holistic review relies on the details you have omitted, and admissions is not completely transacted based on metrics alone.

Based on metrics alone, I don't think you have enough service orientation hours for service-heavy schools like Rush, Georgetown, or Loyola.

That said, if you really have an interest in rural health (and grew up in such an environment in Arizona throughout your childhood), your in-state options will Most of the seats at the UArizona campuses are set aside for in-state applicants. With a strong interest in primary care, you should check out NHSC and come into medical school with an external scholarship. You are probably already checking out HPSP if you have USUHS on your list.

This also could help you with schools where you are OOS but have strong rural health tracks. Can you be more specific what you define as your "rural community" that you wish to serve? Rural is different in Wisconsin vs. Appalachia vs. Florida vs. Arizona vs. California.

Last edited: