WAMC 3.92uGPA 3.87sGPA 513 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilikecorn

Reaction score
  1. 3.92 uGPA, 3.87 sGPA
  2. 501 --> 513 MCAT (127, 130, 128, 128)
  3. Michigan
  4. Male with Arab Background
  5. Public University - Branch of Larger School
  6. 150 Hours Clinical
  7. 650 Hours Research at Wayne State (from 2020-22 virtual, this year in-person)
  8. 150 Shadowing Internal Medicine
  9. 250 Youth Leadership
  10. Science Fair Judge, Teacher Assistant in Honors Class (3 semesters), Online Tutor in a foreign language for 3 years, Volunteering at Islamic Center (500 hours); Youth Counselor at Convention with 20,000 attendees
  11. Received full-ride academic scholarship in undergrad, Dean's List, Angell Scholar
  12. I submitted my applications between August 23-September 3, this is what is worrying me the most about my prospects
  13. From underserved area and have volunteered locally in underserved clinics and volunteer opportunities
  14. Not sure if this matters and I only mentioned it when asked: my family has many MDs, grandfather (surgeon), father (ID), and 3 uncles (IM, neurology, and pulmonary) giving me ties at Wayne, Indianapolis, and Chicago Area, some ties to PA and NJ
School List:
Central MI
MSU
Oakland
Wayne State
WMU Homer
U of Toledo
Wright State
Rosiland Franklin
Loyola
Rush
U of Illinois
U of Wisconsin
Indiana
Drexel
Geisenger
Temple
Penn State
Thomas Jefferson
Cooper
Hackensack
Louisville

Should I add DOs?

Members don't see this ad.

Did all of your physician relatives earn their MD's in the US? Any postgrad training in the US? (Just making sure.)
My uncle earned MD at Wayne, all others did residency in US and practicing in US

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Louisville, Wright State, Cooper, Geisinger, U Wisconsin admit few non residents with your MCAT scores and no connection to the state. Rush and Loyola are looking for applicants with far more clinical and non clinical hours than you have.
I suggest adding these schools this week:
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac

Louisville, Wright State, Cooper, Geisinger, U Wisconsin admit few non residents with your MCAT scores and no connection to the state. Rush and Loyola are looking for applicants with far more clinical and non clinical hours than you have.
I suggest adding these schools this week:
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
@Faha Is it too late to apply in the cycle? Or do I still have a chance? What are my prospects at the schools I applied?
Should I add DO?

Last edited:
@Faha Is it too late to apply in the cycle? Or do I still have a chance? What are my prospects at the schools I applied?
Should I add DO?
You can add additional MD schools this week. Yes, add DO schools and I suggest these which accept applications from internationals:
AZCOM
CCOM
KCU-COM
MSUCOM
NSU-KPCOM
UNECOM
WCU-COM
Touro-NY
WESTERN

You can add additional MD schools this week. Yes, add DO schools and I suggest these which accept applications from internationals:
AZCOM
CCOM
KCU-COM
MSUCOM
NSU-KPCOM
UNECOM
WCU-COM
Touro-NY
WESTERN
I am not international, I am US born with immigrant parent (father -FMG, mother - US born)

Last edited:
I am not international, I am US born with immigrant parent (father -FMG, mother - US born)
You are competitive for all DO schools with your stats. The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a 80% chance for a MD acceptance. Have you already applied to the MD schools on your list ? If not, you need to apply in the coming week and submit all your secondaries by early October. If you want to apply to DO schools you can wait until October when you have completed your MD secondaries.

You are competitive for all DO schools with your stats. The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a 80% chance for a MD acceptance. Have you already applied to the MD schools on your list ? If not, you need to apply in the coming week and submit all your secondaries by early October. If you want to apply to DO schools you can wait until October when you have completed your MD secondaries.
Yes, I applied to all the schools I initially listed. I was worried because I didn't submit the secondaries until late August. Some people made me feel that my chances were over because I was so late in the game.

Yes, I applied to all the schools I initially listed. I was worried because I didn't submit the secondaries until late August. Some people made me feel that my chances were over because I was so late in the game.
Add the MD schools I listed this coming week.