premedz
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I ruined my chances this year because I didn't really do any nonclinical volunteering outside of projected hours which I didnt list on my primary, and my low mcat which I was not expecting.
I'd like some advice for next year. Or if you have anything to say about this cycle, I basically applied to 80 schools (Already rejected from 12 haha!) like a not so intelligent person because I had no idea what I was doing. It's entirely my fault though, I should have done more research.
Stats
3.9 Undergraduate GPA as a Sociology Major
MCAT 502, ORM
1100 hours shadowing/clinical scribing hours (this was a mixed thing where I shadowed and scribed for the doctor), listed as shadowing
Didnt list any nonclinical volunteering on my app, but started over the summer full time at a food distribution center.
Continued clinical volunteering over the summer.
1500 hours research lab (first poster that was presented)
I applied to about 10 DO schools in and out of California
Ideally, i'd like to apply to places that have to do with my nephrology related research. My research is very niche-ey in that regard according to an advisor I spoke to yesterday.
I'd like some advice for next year. Or if you have anything to say about this cycle, I basically applied to 80 schools (Already rejected from 12 haha!) like a not so intelligent person because I had no idea what I was doing. It's entirely my fault though, I should have done more research.
Stats
3.9 Undergraduate GPA as a Sociology Major
MCAT 502, ORM
1100 hours shadowing/clinical scribing hours (this was a mixed thing where I shadowed and scribed for the doctor), listed as shadowing
Didnt list any nonclinical volunteering on my app, but started over the summer full time at a food distribution center.
Continued clinical volunteering over the summer.
1500 hours research lab (first poster that was presented)
I applied to about 10 DO schools in and out of California
Ideally, i'd like to apply to places that have to do with my nephrology related research. My research is very niche-ey in that regard according to an advisor I spoke to yesterday.
Last edited: