NothingGoodGetsAway-
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some advice after receiving my score! I took the exam for the first time on 1/26 and got a 511 (129/126/128/128), which is lower than what I was hoping for. I'm trying to gauge my chances at East Coast schools, especially the DMV area. I am Asian, so that might be another factor to consider. Is it worth retaking the exam during my last (and busy) semester of undergrad or do I have a good chance of getting accepted somewhere decent with my score?
- I have a 3.94 overall GPA (likely same sGPA) at a university that is known to be academically challenging
- Biology major and public health minor
- Graduating in 3 years (1 year early)
- Have a paid gap year position lined up as a medical assistant in a pediatrics office after graduating
- I have 2 leadership positions in college clubs
- 2.5 years research experience and soon to be published
- Diverse service experiences
- Several public health/clinical experiences (hospice care and free clinics)
- LORs from Spanish professor (definite), 2 biology professors (need to ask), public health professor (need to ask), and my PI (need to ask, but almost definite)
My very preliminary college list after going through MSAR:
- I have a 3.94 overall GPA (likely same sGPA) at a university that is known to be academically challenging
- Biology major and public health minor
- Graduating in 3 years (1 year early)
- Have a paid gap year position lined up as a medical assistant in a pediatrics office after graduating
- I have 2 leadership positions in college clubs
- 2.5 years research experience and soon to be published
- Diverse service experiences
- Several public health/clinical experiences (hospice care and free clinics)
- LORs from Spanish professor (definite), 2 biology professors (need to ask), public health professor (need to ask), and my PI (need to ask, but almost definite)
My very preliminary college list after going through MSAR:
| School | Fit or Reach (MCAT) | MD/MPH Offered? | |||||
| Albert Einstein | Mid - 90th percentile | Yes | |||||
| Boston University | Reach | Yes | |||||
| Columbia | Reach | No | |||||
| Cooper | Fit - 75th percentile | No | |||||
| Drexel | Fit | Yes | |||||
| Duke | Reach | No | |||||
| EVMS | Fit | Yes | |||||
| Emory | Mid - 90th percentile | Yes - direct | |||||
| Geisel at Dartmouth | Mid - 90th percentile | No | |||||
| George Washington | Fit | Yes | |||||
| Georgetown | Fit - 75th percentile | Yes | |||||
| Harvard | Reach | Yes | |||||
| Johns Hopkins | Reach | No | |||||
| Temple | Fit | Yes | |||||
| South Carolina | Fit | Yes | |||||
| Penn State | Fit | Yes | |||||
| Perelman UPenn | Reach | Yes | |||||
| SUNY | Fit - 75th percentile | Yes | |||||
| Brown | Mid - 90th percentile | No | |||||
| Tufts | Mid - 90th percentile | Yes - direct | |||||
| UC Davis | Fit | No | |||||
| UCLA | Fit - 75th percentile | Yes | |||||
| UConn | Fit - 75th percentile | Yes | |||||
| UMD | Fit - 75th percentile | Yes - direct | |||||
| UNC Chapel Hill | Fit - 75th percentile | Yes | |||||
| UPitt | Reach | Yes | |||||
| UVA | Reach | Yes | |||||
| UWashington | Fit | No | |||||
| VCU | Mid - 90th percentile | Yes | |||||
| VTech | Fit - 75th percentile | Yes | |||||
| Yale | Reach | Yes |