WAMC and Feedback on School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThanosDidNothingWrong

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks all

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would double-check some of those public schools for in-state bias. I know UCD favors in-state. Maybe UCI and UCSD as well. Are you applying to all the Cali schools because you have some tie to the state?

I think you've kind of identified it yourself, but a lot of your "lol" schools seem pretty ambitious with your profile. Might want to cut a couple to save yourself the secondary hassle. You've got a lot of schools on that list.

I would double-check some of those public schools for in-state bias. I know UCD favors in-state. Maybe UCI and UCSD as well. Are you applying to all the Cali schools because you have some tie to the state?

I think you've kind of identified it yourself, but a lot of your "lol" schools seem pretty ambitious with your profile. Might want to cut a couple to save yourself the secondary hassle. You've got a lot of schools on that list.
Got it. No, not really a reason, I just think living in Cali would be nice, even if it is a longshot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree... if even you think a bunch of schools are "lol," that should potentially be a clue that this isn't a great school list, and you didn't even lol at most of the Cali schools. Really, all the Cali schools are unlikely with your profile, so that's going to be a lot of probably wasted time (and money)

Reactions: 1 user
Agree... if even you think a bunch of schools are "lol," that should potentially be a clue that this isn't a great school list, and you didn't even lol at most of the Cali schools. Really, all the Cali schools are unlikely with your profile, so that's going to be a lot of probably wasted time (and money)
I see, do you have any recommendations on schools to look into?

Remove:
Arizona
UCD
UCI
UCLA
UCSF
UCSD
Stanford
Georgetown (not enough volunteer hours to the underserved)
Howard (HBCU)
Northwestern
Harvard
Columbia
Cornell

I wouldn’t add any of the Jesuit schools without more service to the underserved.

You could probably add:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
MCW
Dartmouth
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
South Florida
Drexel
Albany
TCU

Reactions: 1 user