WAMC and school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ss_117

Reaction score
Hi all! I am a current senior majoring in public health. I really need some help with my school list and would love an overall evaluation of what else my application needs. Am I competitive for DO schools?

Home state: Indiana, born and raised and completed my undergrad here (White)

MCAT: 505

MD/DO cGPA: 3.57 (upward trend in my last year and half and a 3.96 in my public health classes)

sGPA: 3.54

Paid clinical: 600 hours as a dermatology MA

Non-clinical volunteering hours: 150 foodbank hours, 10 hours with campus vaccine clinic hours

Research: 50 hours (dec - feb), public health oriented and focused on underserved populations

Shadowing: 75 hours, ortho DO, derm MD, primary care DO

EC's: habitat for humanity member, student ambassador for pre-professional advising office, executive board member for campus chapter of AMSA, study abroad in Copenhagen for a summer, fluent in ASL

I have 3 W's (one of these I retook and got a B+) and 1 WF.
I have 4 C's in Orgo 1 (got an A in orgo 2), biochem, a&p 1 (got an A- in a&p 2), and bio 1 (got an A in bio 2).
I have 9 B's.

Additionally I have 2 IA's and they were for giving my ID for a meal swipe to someone else and failing to call back the COVID hotline in a timely manner while quarantining. These amounted to written warnings.

I have bolded my most negative aspects to my application.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Which URM community are you from ? If Hispanic, are you fluent in Spanish ?
Hi that was a typo from a template I used, I am white

Last edited:
You are competitive for all DO schools and I suggest these:
MU-COM
CCOM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
CUSOM
WVSOM
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
UP-KYCOM
Also apply to Indiana for MD.

You are competitive for all DO schools and I suggest these:
MU-COM
CCOM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
CUSOM
WVSOM
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
UP-KYCOM
Also apply to Indiana for MD.
Thank you so much! Do you think my IA's are deal breakers or my C's, W's and WF?

Thank you so much! Do you think my IA's are deal breakers or my C's, W's and WF?
Did both IAs occur during COVID? Get help from your student conduct office to describe them in your application. I agree that these actions don't rise to a serious concern, though don't let others take your ID badge again. People do ID swaps to cheat on exams.

Reactions: 1 user
Did both IAs occur during COVID? Get help from your student conduct office to describe them in your application. I agree that these actions don't rise to a serious concern, though don't let others take your ID badge again. People do ID swaps to cheat on exams.
The first one happened during 2021 during COVID and then other happened in December of 2023 unfortunately, my boyfriend and I live together and he had my ID in his wallet because I left it in his car. He went to the dining hall and tapped it on the scanner without realizing he took out the wrong ID and it was mine. Total accident as we both had our own meal swipes at the time so there wouldn't have been a need for him to do that but I still got in trouble :( It was a total misunderstanding.

I did learn a very valuable lesson in protecting my ID as in the future there could be more serious professional consequences.

You don't think these will count me out of the application cycle?

The first one happened during 2021 during COVID and then other happened in December of 2023 unfortunately, my boyfriend and I live together and he had my ID in his wallet because I left it in his car. He went to the dining hall and tapped it on the scanner without realizing he took out the wrong ID and it was mine. Total accident as we both had our own meal swipes at the time so there wouldn't have been a need for him to do that but I still got in trouble :( It was a total misunderstanding.

I did learn a very valuable lesson in protecting my ID as in the future there could be more serious professional consequences.

You don't think these will count me out of the application cycle?
You should be fine. Just make sure you get the help.

Reactions: 1 user