WAMC and how can I improve?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

raspberry123

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I’m a first time applicant and applied to Cornell, Kansas State, Ohio State, Michigan State (IS), RVC, Illinois, Oregon State, and Purdue. I wanted some feedback on my application and see what I can start improving on incase I have to reapply next cycle!

Cumulative GPA: 3.74
science GPA: 3.62

Any degrees achieved

In the progress of getting a bachelors in animal science

Veterinary Experience:

-small animal hospital: 1400 hours

I’m trying to get large animal experience but there is nothing around me

Animal Experience:
- large animal: 130 hours

Research Experience:
- large animal: 300 hours
-small animals: 60 hours

Awards/scholarships:
-Dean’s list

Extracurriculars:
- member of the pre-vet club (2 years)
- president of a club (1 year)
- E-board member for mental health club (1 year)
-cultural representative of club (1 year)
-played sports in high school

I’m definitely trying to get more diverse experiences but I was wondering if anyone has any other recommendations that I can start doing while waiting for decisions. Thank you!