MD WAMC and school list ORM MCAT 505, GPA 3.9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

summer2002

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got back MCAT and it is much lower than my practice exams. I prewrote for many schools because I'm applying this cycle but now I have to fix my list due to my MCAT score of 505. Please recommend MD schools that I have a chance at. Thank you!

1. cGPA 3.90, sGPA 3.94

2. MCAT 505 (125, 126, 127,127)

3. NJ resident

4. Asian ORM

5. NY top 50 university

6. Clinical: 600 hrs scribe, 100 hrs phlebotomist

7. Research: 500 hours, 1 poster

8. Nonclinical: 300 hrs food pantry, 100 hrs nursing home

9. Shadowing: 50 hrs (internist)
 
Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Your 3 New Jersey state public schools
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
Methodist
Belmont
Alice Walton
Roseman
TCU
Ponce (St. Louis)
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
 
Keep adding to your clinical and food pantry hours. Having more physician shadowing may help a bit, but your success is going to depend on your purpose as a physician.

I would urge you to have an AACOMAS application ready if you get no interview invitations by end of September: submit to Rowan DO, PCOM, NYCOM, Duquesne, D'Youville, VCOM, LECOM at least. You may be appealing for DO programs, so don't waste another year if you are serious about starting medical school next summer.