WAMC applying in spring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daveM143

Reaction score
Date of submission: planning to submit asap
Overall GPA: 3.61 (upward trend, last 3 years 3.8 average)
Science GPA: 3.44
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.34
DAT score: 23
State of Residence: New York

Shadowing Experience:

100 hours (mostly general, some specialization)

Relevant Honors or Awards:
Deans list, cum laude

School list:

NYU
Upenn
Columbia
BU
Cornell
UCSF
UMD
Pitt
UNC
Rutgers
OSU
Emory
Baylor
Tufts
JHU

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have great stats. But I don't think they are anywhere close to getting accepted at Cornell School of Dental Medicine (CSDM), Emory College of Dental Medicine (ECDM), and Johns Hopkins Dental School (JHDS). In Fall 2020, the average GPA and DAT scores of accepted students were 4.33/4.00 and 32 AA. Yep. I wouldn't bother.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You have great stats. But I don't think they are anywhere close to getting accepted at Cornell School of Dental Medicine (CSDM), Emory College of Dental Medicine (ECDM), and Johns Hopkins Dental School (JHDS). In Fall 2020, the average GPA and DAT scores of accepted students were 4.33/4.00 and 32 AA. Yep. I wouldn't bother.
I didnt realize colleges had GPA scales above 4.0? That's my bad! I was just looking at rankings and not matriculate GPAs, I thought maybe they would be more lenient than some others on the list as they were lower in ranking. Are other schools on my list reasonable? Or should I be switching some other ones around too?

I didnt realize colleges had GPA scales above 4.0? That's my bad! I was just looking at rankings and not matriculate GPAs, I thought maybe they would be more lenient than some others on the list as they were lower in ranking. Are other schools on my list reasonable? Or should I be switching some other ones around too?
Haha, mine was not a serious reply. Cornell, Emory, JHU, and Baylor do not have a dental school. About the other schools on the list, experts with more experience can give you better answers.

Reactions: 1 user
you should not be choosing schools based on "rankings", especially when those rankings include schools that don't exist...

Reactions: 1 user
Date of submission: planning to submit asap
Overall GPA: 3.61 (upward trend, last 3 years 3.8 average)
Science GPA: 3.44
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.34
DAT score: 23
State of Residence: New York

Shadowing Experience:

100 hours (mostly general, some specialization)

Relevant Honors or Awards:
Deans list, cum laude

School list:

NYU
Upenn
Columbia
BU
Cornell
UCSF
UMD
Pitt
UNC
Rutgers
OSU
Emory
Baylor
Tufts
JHU
Emory closed it’s dental school in the early 90s. If you want to see a list of existing dental schools go to this site: U.S. Dental Schools| ASDA | ASDA