MD WAMC: Canadian to US nontrad: 3.83/4.3 GPA | MCAT not taken yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMei

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm new to the website (hello!) I’ve been advised to come here for I -apparently- have a specific case since I’m ex military + Canadian which are two extremes of priority.

In addition to WAMC, I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of a list of US schools that favour class retakes and the class 2 years, what I’ve seen you guys calls, “redemption schools.”

**A little background about me...**
I'm a 27 y/o ORM Canadian from Montreal (notorious McGill is here, yes). I'm currently finishing my Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) in Business Technology Management and I'm about 60% complete my Science Prerequisite courses (I've taken BIO 1, PHYS 1. Currently taking: GEN CHEM 1, PHYS 2, BIO 2. I still have Orgo 1 (maybe 2) to take.) I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to science so my science strength is lackluster for sure but I have a very strong GPA and what I would consider super strong EC's. I haven't taken my MCAT yet but I'm looking for guidance and I'm looking to build a plan tomorrow.

**My EC's (that accompany my background) / GPA**
- Canadian Armed Forces Medical Tech (5 years)
- Pharmacy Lab Tech (4 years)
- Pediatric Physician Assistant/Scribe (1 year)
- MedSpecs Board Executive / interviewer for ICU bridge program (1 year)
-ICU Bridge Program/Shadowing (1 year)

GPA:
3.83 / 4.3 (All schools take A+'s and shift them to A's in Canada, so it doesn't change anything when applying to 4.0 scale schools.)

**The Plan**
I'm out here looking for advice, criticism, for you guys to **** on me, give me advice. I want to be the best possible applicant I can be and I need guidance since I lack people to guide me in the right direction for my MCAT as it's the only real missing piece. Ideally I'd like to find a mentor but anything is appreciated!

**The Goal**
Main focus is matriculation into US medical schools but also am considering McGill. I'm not picky and I don't have a real list at this point. I just purchased MSAR. But MCAT score goal is 518+ for me.

Thank you everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.