WAMC, cGPA: 4.0, sGPA: 4.0, MCAT: 524

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

messypremed

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your ECs and overall app are great, and list is very appropriate.

Rutgers and UMass are likely diminishing returns. Rochester, Cincinnati, Case Western, Emory, Miami, Jefferson might be some better fits instead.

Reactions: 1 user
Your ECs and overall app are great, and list is very appropriate.

Rutgers and UMass are likely diminishing returns. Rochester, Cincinnati, Case Western, Emory, Miami, Jefferson might be some better fits instead.
Thank you so much! I will definitely look into those schools as well :)

Members don't see this ad :)
UC Davis has very strong in-state preference. I’d remove them.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to be contrarian, maybe I am missing something, but your non-clinical volunteering doesn't seem to really stretch your perspective to populations that are really in great need due to social inequities. Am I missing this in reading the original description?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to be contraband, maybe i am missing something but your non-clinical volunteering doesn't seem to really stretch your perspective to populations that are really in great need due to social inequities. Am I missing this in reading the original description?

I think this was also a concern of mine, but the high schools I taught at were underserved, and didn't have any form of health education and the volunteer work I did with my service club was with elderly populations who were residing in senior centers. The research I did was also looking into how telemedicine can benefit underserved and rural areas within Pakistan, I was originally supposed to also volunteer in these areas in helping deliver healthcare services and in community schools, but due to the pandemic I wasn't able to go. I'm not sure how to rectify this for the upcoming cycle, do you have any suggestions on what to do? Thank you for your comment!