WAMC? Decent GPA and DAT with early submission but still no interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalman4

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Date of submission: 6/09
Overall GPA:3.70
Science GPA:3.53
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.50
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA: 23, PAT: 21, QR:24, RC: 24, Bio: 18, GC: 24, OC: 24, TS: 21
State of Residence: Colorado

Undergrad Attended:
University of Colorado Boulder
Major: Economics
Minority?
No, asian-american
Reapplicant? No, first time applying.
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 80 Hours (mostly General with some from specialties)
Volunteering Experience: 260 Hours (Half was dental assisting and 100 hours from marine conservation abroad)
Employment: 800 Hours + as a lifeguard throughout college
Research: none
Other Extracurriculars: community service at donation center
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list (2 years)
LOR type and strength: 1 dentist (strong), 1 science professor (decent), 1 science professor (mediocre)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
I am worried about my personal statement, volunteer/shadowing hours, and maybe just not enough effort in my application. There were small discussion sections such as "how has COVID affected you" and "list some manual dexterity activities" that I didn't go in depth with. I do also have one C in physics that is my lowest grade out of any classes. Everything else seems to be fine. Are applications more competitive this year because of COVID? I am doing my best to be patient, but im losing hope because it has been nothing but 6 months of silence. Thank you
School list:

Colorado
UCSF - reject
UKMC- reject
LECOM
Pitt
Southern Illinois
Maryland
Michigan
trust the process...

i don’t think it’s more competitive bc of covid i was told that less people applied this year. i think you applied to not enough schools and very competitive schools. also siu only accepts in state i believe

Members don't see this ad :)
You have great GPA and DAT score.
I think you have good chances for post-december interviews!
Don't give up yet!

Reactions: 1 users