WAMC - For DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McLovin_

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Without an actual MCAT score it is not possible to determine if your school list is appropriate. If your MCAT score is 507+ you are competitive for all DO schools. Post your actual score here in the future when available.

Reactions: 3 users
Without an actual MCAT score it is not possible to determine if your school list is appropriate. If your MCAT score is 507+ you are competitive for all DO schools. Post your actual score here in the future when available.
Will do, thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am applying this coming cycle, primarily to DO schools and my in-state MD.

NYS Resident
Low SES
Non-URM (white)
First Gen college student
Very small Private UG institution - Low ranked probably

Stats:
3.65 cGPA
3.65-3.70 sGPA
MCAT
: Testing in May, FL's 505-509 with even distribution
Huge upward trend in GPA (3.1, 2.9, 3.8, 4.0)
(All A's in prerequisites if that means anything)

Clinical Experience: 750 hours as scribe and MA (1 job, both duties), 250 hours during my nursing clinical rotations (not sure if that would count towards clinical experience.)
Volunteer: 200 hours delivering food and medications to elderly during peak of pandemic.
Research: 100 hours (no pubs or posters)
Shadowing: 150 hours (primary care, neurosurgery)
Other work experience: Worked fulltime throughout undergrad to help family with bills: 1,500+ hours in sales at a nutrition store, 200 hours private tutoring for orgo and gen chem.
Started a small supplement company that I put 1000s of hours into, between creating formulas, contacting manufacturers and getting product(s) into production, creating website, managing order and shipping out products, advertising, etc.

Possible red flags: Academic probation for my GPA dipping below a 3.0 for 1 semester. No disciplinary action was taken against me, I just had to meet with my advisor to make my schedule for the following semester.

Extremely interested in primary care in rural communities, specifically geriatric medicine. My PS talks a lot about this and I have a good story to tell about why (I think it is good lol).

I plan on applying to as many DO schools as I possibly can, have been saving money for the app cycle.

DO School list:
NYIT (both)
LECOM
VCOM
ICOM
NOVA-DO
TOURO
PCOM
KCU
MWU ARIZONA
NOORDA
RVU
ROWAN
UNECOM

Please lmk if you think that there is anything I need to improve on, or what schools I should aim for.
Currently an accepted Noorda student, if you need anything lmk! Many will tell you not to apply there but I'm very happy with my choice!

Reactions: 1 user
Currently an accepted Noorda student, if you need anything lmk! Many will tell you not to apply there but I'm very happy with my choice!
Just sent you a message! I'm new to SDN so i apologize if I sent it incorrectly

Yeahh I’d remove Noorda and ICOM. You will have better options than these schools. New DO schools are not the way to go due to shaky rotation sites, little to no connections, and neither program has matched a class yet. I’d also steer clear of MWU-AZ because of their outrageous tuition.

In their place, you could add additional PCOM, VCOM, or LECOM sites.

However, if you are truly just interested in primary care/geriatrics, it really doesn’t matter where you go. I’d just pick the cheapest option.

Yeahh I’d remove Noorda and ICOM. You will have better options than these schools. New DO schools are not the way to go due to shaky rotation sites, little to no connections, and neither program has matched a class yet. I’d also steer clear of MWU-AZ because of their outrageous tuition.

In their place, you could add additional PCOM, VCOM, or LECOM sites.

However, if you are truly just interested in primary care/geriatrics, it really doesn’t matter where you go. I’d just pick the cheapest option.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe ICOM is now fully accredited and they posted their 2022 match list on their website.

Hey guys, I am applying this coming cycle, primarily to DO schools and my in-state MD.

NYS Resident
Low SES
Non-URM (white)
First Gen college student
Very small Private UG institution - Low ranked probably

Stats:
3.65 cGPA
3.65-3.70 sGPA
MCAT
: Testing in May, FL's 505-509 with even distribution
Huge upward trend in GPA (3.1, 2.9, 3.8, 4.0)
(All A's in prerequisites if that means anything)

Clinical Experience: 750 hours as scribe and MA (1 job, both duties), 250 hours during my nursing clinical rotations (not sure if that would count towards clinical experience.)
Volunteer: 200 hours delivering food and medications to elderly during peak of pandemic.
Research: 100 hours (no pubs or posters)
Shadowing: 150 hours (primary care, neurosurgery)
Other work experience: Worked fulltime throughout undergrad to help family with bills: 1,500+ hours in sales at a nutrition store, 200 hours private tutoring for orgo and gen chem.
Started a small supplement company that I put 1000s of hours into, between creating formulas, contacting manufacturers and getting product(s) into production, creating website, managing order and shipping out products, advertising, etc.

Possible red flags: Academic probation for my GPA dipping below a 3.0 for 1 semester. No disciplinary action was taken against me, I just had to meet with my advisor to make my schedule for the following semester.

Extremely interested in primary care in rural communities, specifically geriatric medicine. My PS talks a lot about this and I have a good story to tell about why (I think it is good lol).

I plan on applying to as many DO schools as I possibly can, have been saving money for the app cycle.

DO School list:
NYIT (both)
LECOM
VCOM
ICOM
NOVA-DO
TOURO
PCOM
KCU
MWU ARIZONA
NOORDA
RVU
ROWAN
UNECOM

Please lmk if you think that there is anything I need to improve on, or what schools I should aim for.

I was accepted to Rowan last month, let me know if you have any questions! You seem to have a pretty good application in my opinion for DO schools!

Reactions: 1 users