WAMC for next cycle + help w school list! (3.82/517/ORM trad)

Started by kalicat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kalicat

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm keeping my post fairly vague as I know a lot of people who stalk this website :,)

ORM, FL resident. Applying traditional in 2026.
cGPA: 3.82, sGPA: 3.56, MCAT: 517±2 (based on practice exam)
Social science major, humanities minor, social science certificate (sorry i have to be vague as they are pretty specific fields)

Experience:
- 600 hours as a PCA
- 500 hours as a volunteer at a food pantry
- 900 hours as a scribe
- 300 hours in a club leadership position
- 100 hours shadowing (er, peds, cardio, fam med)
- 300 hours humanities research - 2 posters no pubs
- TA for gen chem 1 next semester (~50 hours?)
- public health research proposal award
- hobbies: cultural dance

School list:
- Reach: UF, UMiami, Emory, UBoston, Albert Einstein, NYU, Cornell, Columbia, UCSF, Duke, WashU, Mount Sinai, UMich, UChicago, USC, Brown
- Target: UCF, FSU, FAU, Nova, FIU, LECOM Drexel, Penn State, George Washington, Loyola, LSU, CUNY

Please let me know if this school list needs to be changed— I know my GPA may not be up to par with many of these schools but I am hopeful that my hours make up for it. If I could get more recommendation for what would be good target schools that'd be great!
 
Last edited:
CUNY is only BS/MD. Did you mean one of the SUNYs?

It's hard to predict chances without an official MCAT. Regardless, I think you should add more "Target" schools. In my n=1 opinion, an applicant should have more Target schools than Reach schools. Target schools to consider adding are (but ofc not limited to) Rosalind Franklin, U of Vermont, Hackensack Meridian, Temple, Quinnipiac, and New York Medical College.