MD & DO WAMC / help with a school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbleeli

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
N/A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Your clinical hours look too low. You should double those.
As of right now, I suggest:
ALL OH schools except Case, U Cincy.
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola (maybe)
Rosy Franklin (maybe)
Oakland U Beaumont
WVU
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment) [503+]
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide

Reactions: 1 user
Your clinical hours look too low. You should double those.
As of right now, I suggest:
ALL OH schools except Case, U Cincy.
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola (maybe)
Rosy Franklin (maybe)
Oakland U Beaumont
WVU
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment) [503+]
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. When you say clinical hours, do you mean volunteering or shadowing?

Volunteering
Thank you!! One last question, did you have any specific thoughts on the school list I had written? I’m looking into the ones you suggested now as well, but wasn’t sure if I should specifically cut any from my list

Your best chances are at Toledo, Wright State and Northeast Ohio. You could also try West Virginia, Oakland Beaumont, Seton Hall and NOVA MD. You are competitive for all DO schools and you have OU-HCOM instate.

Your best chances are at Toledo, Wright State and Northeast Ohio. You could also try West Virginia, Oakland Beaumont, Seton Hall and NOVA MD. You are competitive for all DO schools and you have OU-HCOM instate.
Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it! Did you have any thoughts on the school list I mentioned? Was wondering if I should consider getting rid of any.

You can delete Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, Marshall, Michigan State since they prefer their own residents and accept very few non residents with your MCAT and no connection to the state.

You can delete Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, Marshall, Michigan State since they prefer their own residents and accept very few non residents with your MCAT and no connection to the state.
Thank you!