WAMC if the school requires 8 credit hours and I have 5?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcdonaldssprite

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw on MSAR that one of my top school choices requires 8 credit hours of behavioral sciences but I only have 5. It is a research-intensive school and I feel I would be a great fit there but I am concerned this will screen me out of their review process and they won't see my app. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it still safe to apply?

My undergraduate school was on a quarter system and I took one quarter of Psychology. I feel like when they say 8 credit hours, they mean 1 year (meaning I need 2 additional quarters or 1 additional semester). As I have already graduated, I would like to avoid going back for a single class.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply with what you have. If you are accepted they will verify your requirements and let you know what you need to matriculate and when the requirements must be completed. So be prepared to get those hours if the school accepts you and they stick to the requirements.

You can apply with what you have. If you are accepted they will verify your requirements and let you know what you need to matriculate and when the requirements must be completed. So be prepared to get those hours if the school accepts you and they stick to the requirements.
Fantastic! Thanks for this. Glad I don't have to take a class simply to apply