WAMC? 513/3.71 very unbalanced MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Washington
Washington State
Roseman
Creighton
Alice Walton
Ponce (St. Louis)
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Belmont
NOVA MD
Methodist
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Brigham Young (when it opens)
 
I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Washington
Washington State
Roseman
Creighton
Alice Walton
Ponce (St. Louis)
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Belmont
NOVA MD
Methodist
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Brigham Young (when it opens)
*
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the response! Do you think I’d be screened by any of these schools due to my 122 CARS score? If so, would you recommend retaking the MCAT?
Has UW or WSU told you they want you to take the MCAT to improve the CARS score? That would be the only reason to retake. I'm fairly sure PNWU won't.

Is there a reason why your CARS score is a 122?
 
Thank you for your response!

I haven’t contacted UW or WSU yet, but I don’t think my MCAT score will be an issue for WSU since they use blinded admissions above certain GPA/MCAT thresholds.

CARS has never been my strongest section, partly because I immigrated in middle school and dense historical passages with archaic writing styles have always been challenging for me to process quickly. That said, I had been consistently scoring 124–126 on practice exams and was expecting a score within that range. I’m now contemplating whether I should schedule another exam early June to see if I can raise my CARS.

Since you don’t recommend retaking the MCAT this cycle, do you think most schools would still review my application despite the low CARS? I’ve been hearing horror stories about schools filtering applicants with section scores below 124.
You just said WSU doesn't. You should check other schools of interest, but applicants have lost points on an MCAT retake too.