MD WAMC? Low GPA, Good MCAT, Strong EC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genuinously

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Tufts
UConn
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Also apply to at least 6 DO schools and include UNECOM.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Tufts
UConn
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Also apply to at least 6 DO schools and include UNECOM.

Hi Faha, thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to construct this list for me. Please do take care!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up, I don't think the hours you spent shadowing non-clinical depts (food service, finance, etc.) count towards your physician shadowing hours. In the W/A, the category is "Physician Shadowing/Clinical Observation."

Reactions: 1 user
@Archemia Thank you for the heads up! I am yet to tackle W/A. I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to mention shadowing the other departments (which helped me develop a better understanding of hospital systems), maybe in the notes section for the shadowing activity?

@Archemia Thank you for the heads up! I am yet to tackle W/A. I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to mention shadowing the other departments (which helped me develop a better understanding of hospital systems), maybe in the notes section for the shadowing activity?

You can definitely mention it, but don't include those hours. If you really want to, you can make an "Other" section and talk about your experiences in the non-clinical parts of the hospital.