WAMC- PA applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xcalibur490

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: Next cycle June 2021
Overall GPA: 3.58
Science GPA: 3.45
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.45
DAT score (include AA and all sections):25AA 27Chem 22Orgo 24Bio 30QR 24RC 23PAT
State of Residence: Pennsylvania

Undergrad Attended: High tier academic institution
Major:Biology
Minor: Psychology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience: 200+ General and Pediatric;
Volunteering Experience: 500+ lots of community engagement; unique volunteering and also leadership roles
Employment: Dental sterilization technician during the COVID-19 summer; 150+hours
Research: 1000+; technical hand skills involved
Other Extracurriculars: Running
LOR type and strength: strong committee letter of recommendation with two strong LORs from dentist

School List: UCLA, Columbia, UPenn, UCSF, Uconn,Temple, Pitt, Maryland, Touro, NYU, Buffalo, Stonybrook, Tufts, Boston U, Rugters, VCU

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I would remove Columbia, NYU, BU, Touro, and Tufts, with your GPA and DAT + those excellent ECs you will more than likely get into much cheaper schools. Other than that, make sure that PS is spot on and apply early, much luck with the cycle👍🏼

Reactions: 1 users
I would think you would get interviews at Penn, Columbia, Temple, Pitt, Touro, NYU, Buffalo, Tufts, BU, Rutgers, VCU (Buffalo, Rutgers, VCU being more up in the air) and getting multiple acceptances from this group.

I wouldn’t anticipate you getting interviews at UCLA, UCSF, UConn, Stonybrook. Not saying you won’t, but they are very OOS unfriendly and your stats would be on par or below their other OOS/out of region applicants that they’ll interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that you have a pretty solid list, but I honestly think you don't need to apply to this many schools. I wouldn't bother applying to tufts, NYU, or BU honestly. Also know that UCSF, UCLA, and UCONN are likely reaches since they are so difficult to get into OOS. I just applied as a PA resident this cycle with a slightly higher gpa and a little lower DAT so feel free to message me.

I was confused by this post: 2020-2021 Hofstra (Zucker) and the others you've had in that thread, which made it seem like you were waiting to hear back. Your school list looks fine, the only one I would be iffy about is Buffalo because I think they're very OOS unfriendly. Otherwise just make sure your PS and supplementals are good and you should have a successful cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I was confused by this post: 2020-2021 Hofstra (Zucker) and the others you've had in that thread, which made it seem like you were waiting to hear back. Your school list looks fine, the only one I would be iffy about is Buffalo because I think they're very OOS unfriendly. Otherwise just make sure your PS and supplementals are good and you should have a successful cycle.
ahhh, haha I see ur confusion. my friend is applying to med school and didn't want to make a sdn account (understandable) so I ask questions for him on that site!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user